Infinity Looper incoming

What's Hot
menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903

Having researched loopers for a while now I bit the bullet yesterday and ordered an Infinity.  I've had in the past a Headrush, Flashback and Zoom G3 but really wanted more time and flexibility.  It's the most by far I've ever spent on a pedal but hopefully it will be a tool I use for many years to come, I've already been arranging ideas on how they will work with the infinity so hopefully it lives up to the promise.

The only issue is the 300ma 18v power, but I'll have it off board using it's own adapter first.

I'll post some clips soon.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Wow, I'd love one of these, but when I had the cash I went for the Big Sky. Still on my GAS list though.

Looking forward to an honest review when you've got it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    Yeah give us a review once you've got it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1826
    edited June 2014
    :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1641
    i have one. 

easily the most user-friendly and useful I've had (of half a dozen) but the best thing is the sound quality, which is stunning. Zero tone degradation. With other loopers, I liked having them but rarely used them. This one gets used all the time

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903
    I've had just a quick play this evening and first impressions are good. Sound quality is spot on and using the serial loop option is a doddle, so I play part A on loop 1 then hit loop 2 as part B comes in, then I can solo over them and change between the 2 as I require. I need to read the manual and work it out fully but the fact it took only a few minutes to get the basics says a lot.
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    Saw snarky puppy a couple of weeks ago and the guitarist used one, sounded great and he seemed to use it flawlessly! Hope you have fun with it, it seems to be a great tool when in the right hands! :) 

Trying to get my head around this and there's just been a massive firmware update with new functions and an extra 41 presets. The effects are sample rate pitch shifting and a stutter effect where you can configure the undo on the remote switch to trigger the loop from the start every time you hit it. This has increased the pedals scope by quite a bit, it's nice having invested so much to see you are paying for more than the physical unit and the company will keep pushing forward getting the most out of the technology....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wordywordy Frets: 67

are you planning to use the midi clock 'quantise' feature @menamestom ?

I've looked at this looper before, and it looks brilliant.... but I've no idea how you implement the midi clock feature, so that I suppose it loops from the next quarter note maybe?

Havent really been able to find any information on how this works.

wordy said:

are you planning to use the midi clock 'quantise' feature @menamestom ?

I've looked at this looper before, and it looks brilliant.... but I've no idea how you implement the midi clock feature, so that I suppose it loops from the next quarter note maybe?

Havent really been able to find any information on how this works.

No, I'll not be using Midi, at least not in the near future. I prefer not to use quantisation.  I'm not sure how it works.
    There's a new manual on the website, perhaps that explains it?