Andertons no longer offering price match on their listings?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11726
    edited February 2020
    skunkwerx said:
    There are a couple exceptions. 

For example breakdown cover. 

Last year I paid Aa £97 annually. 
    Renewal came and they offered the same package to me for £250. 
    Zero claims. 

There was some speil at the bottom about how they provide extra 'value' for this price. It includes member discounts for eateries that dont sell gluten free, and various other shit that no one cares for which is why it's being pushed as part of another service. 

Oh and an app, which isnt really value, because you can just call them anyway. 

So absolutely zero value for me in that instance. 

That's bad.

We have had breakdown cover with our bank account the last few years.  It's one of those ones where you pay a monthly fee and get "free" travel insurance, and breakdown cover, plus a few other things like no fee for using a cash machine abroad.

We used the breakdown cover yesterday as our battery went kaput.

We also got good value out of the travel insurance a couple of years ago.  We had a domestic holiday booked, but had to cancel because my wife's grandmother died.  The travel insurance paid out the cost of the holiday.

The bank account is cheaper than your AA renewal on its own.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024
    crunchman said:
    skunkwerx said:
    There are a couple exceptions. 

For example breakdown cover. 

Last year I paid Aa £97 annually. 
    Renewal came and they offered the same package to me for £250. 
    Zero claims. 

There was some speil at the bottom about how they provide extra 'value' for this price. It includes member discounts for eateries that dont sell gluten free, and various other shit that no one cares for which is why it's being pushed as part of another service. 

Oh and an app, which isnt really value, because you can just call them anyway. 

So absolutely zero value for me in that instance. 

That's bad.

We have had breakdown cover with our bank account the last few years.  It's one of those ones where you pay a monthly fee and get "free" travel insurance, and breakdown cover, plus a few other things like no fee for using a cash machine abroad.

We used the breakdown cover yesterday as our battery went kaput.

We also got good value out of the travel insurance a couple of years ago.  We had a domestic holiday booked, but had to cancel because my wife's grandmother died.  The travel insurance paid out the cost of the holiday.

The bank account is cheaper than your AA renewal on its own.

Nuts eh? 

I re-broked it last year from the Rac to the Aa, this year Green flag have a new customer offer on so will probably go that way, but like you say, I'll have a look into what my bank could offer too! 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2496
    edited February 2020
    If a customer doesn't buy an item at the asking price, someone else will.

If an item is cheaper elsewhere, then buy it there.

Either way, these companies are out to make money. To quote a good friend, "You can't spend thank yous".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom