SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Yjm Strat with scalloped 73 neck.... £800 posted...

What's Hot
AidanspaghettiAidanspaghetti Frets: 857
edited June 2015 in Guitars £
Hi All,

here we have a rare and interesting bird....

Ill add the photos later when I get a chance guys... away at work atm..
This is a 05 YJM body with a 1973 Fender scalloped neck and matching 73 bridge. (Saddles have been replaced).
The pickups are a mix of the old Yngwie set (The bridge HS3) and the new fury models (the neck) and an old 1983 Dan Smith era strat middle pickup. The bridge is the 1973 bridge off the same strat. (The saddles have been replaced)

There are a few small marks on the body as well as two large paint chips at the neck pocket (paint only - not down to the wood).

The vintage white finish is actually quite yellowy in reality. The neck is amazing - lovely worn in feel but atill plenty of life left in the frets. There are a few marks down by the headstock on the neck just from use over the 4- years. The headstock is showing signs of finish cracking. Gotoh tuning heads have replaced the gik 70's ones.

The neck is deeply scalloped. Makes bending a breeze but it must be said that the scalloping has "pulled" a couple of side markers as its gone too deep on a couple of the side markers.. Only cosmetic and not a big deal.

This thing sounds ridiculous and is MADE to rock!! That classic neck pickup tone is there and is just screams to play Deep Purple riffs ;)

Also included is a C&G Fender tweed hardcase. (one latch is sticky). I will include a Boxed YJM DOD 308 distortion pedal for a cash sale..

Im putting up a cash price that is ONLY A GUIDELINE - im primarily looking for trades...
Im open to high end amps/guitars (maybe an EJ strat/Kemper/Axefx?) and pedals. I can add cash if the right item came along... 
I love odd/weird guitars too!

PLAY LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments