TC Electronics Plethora pedalboard.

What's Hot

Comments

• springheadspringhead Frets: 1626
    They show the tuner in that vid and say the looper is coming later this year together with the phaser and vibe. 

Quite liked that an expression pedal as well as being assignable to parameters in the various ‘pedals’ can also be a volume control at any point in the chain. 

They hint at possibly having more cab sims later, and also possibly an X3. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think once the looper is in then. This will replace the Hx effects. Which I like but the pitch stuff isn't great, and I don't like the drives as much as my other drives. 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3342
     I know we're in difficult and restricted times and this has just become available in some shops (Guitar Guitar) but has anyone found any other, decent and more recent demos from March?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17869
    tFB Trader

They hint at possibly having more cab sims later, and also possibly an X3. 

I think an X3 is the most promising option. The most I'd ever have would be delay, reverb and modulation on at the same time so 5 is a bit excessive.

I guess if they add drives it will be a different story.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16362
    Kebabkid said:
     I know we're in difficult and restricted times and this has just become available in some shops (Guitar Guitar) but has anyone found any other, decent and more recent demos from March?
    Within that tc one I think they explain that they haven’t been able to do the planned technical demos. Soundwise as it’s a combination of existing products ( Flashback, Corona*,etc)I guess you could find demos for whichever of those you are interested in. 
    The looper isn’t on yet, I think no phaser, disappointingly they haven’t included some of the Alter Ego models so if you bought one now you’d have to be regularly checking for updates. The price is also about £100 more than it was rumoured so possibly it will come down. 

* I bet tc are working n changing the name of that! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Thanks Philip and we'll have to wait for things to settle
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1626
    Kebabkid said:
    I’m only seeing as available to order. Not aware of any shops having stock yet.  
    Kebabkid said:
    I’m only seeing as available to order. Not aware of any shops having stock yet.  
    You're right. The search banner results shows it as in stock at GG. Click on the link and it's says available to order
  • I was gonna get one. Still might. But it's lower down the list for me right now.

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    A few more useful vids coming out like this one - am I right that this might have already had a firmware update?

Features still look good and I'm happy with TC sounds. Price point will still be a deciding factor

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4230
    Yep, looks like they're one v1.1+ already, with the added tuner
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 643
    They are in stock and available immediately dispatch at Thomann albeit circa £25 more expensive that UK pricing. I asked them to confirm due to the UK stockists showing end of the month at least. 

Once they did confirm, I ordered one! 
  • Kebabkid said:
    A few more useful vids coming out like this one - am I right that this might have already had a firmware update?

Hi, first of all thanks for the kind comment on the video, and secondly, I can confirm I am running the v1.1 beta firmware :) If you have any other questions, ask away!
    Kebabkid said:

Hi, first of all thanks for the kind comment on the video, and secondly, I can confirm I am running the v1.1 beta firmware :) If you have any other questions, ask away!
    Hi Phillipe, welcome to The Fretboard, great video. This may have been answered already ( it’s a long thread) but to what extent can you tweak effects from the board without having to go back into Edit mode? That is change parameters of an effect on the fly? 
    Kebabkid said:

Thanks Phillipe and welcome to the forum - useful vids :)
  • Hi Phillipe, welcome to The Fretboard, great video. This may have been answered already ( it’s a long thread) but to what extent can you tweak effects from the board without having to go back into Edit mode? That is change parameters of an effect on the fly? 
    Thank you :)

Tweaking in Play mode isn't implemented at this point, you always have to go back to Edit to tweak stuff, but there are a few users (me included!) who'd like the possibility of assigning parameters to the knobs and use them as such -  a bit like what you can do with the expression pedal, i.e., assign any parameter from any effect slot to any available knob. I know the developers are listening for feature requests, so let's wait and see what happens :)
    edited April 2020
    Hi Phillipe, welcome to The Fretboard, great video. This may have been answered already ( it’s a long thread) but to what extent can you tweak effects from the board without having to go back into Edit mode? That is change parameters of an effect on the fly? 
    Thank you

Tweaking in Play mode isn't implemented at this point, you always have to go back to Edit to tweak stuff, but there are a few users (me included!) who'd like the possibility of assigning parameters to the knobs and use them as such -  a bit like what you can do with the expression pedal, i.e., assign any parameter from any effect slot to any available knob. I know the developers are listening for feature requests, so let's wait and see what happens
    Ahh, okay thank you. When I was gigging I tended to be a bit of a knob twiddler. However, that was using one set of pedals for home, rehearsal and live use whereas with the Plethora I could use duplicate boards set with different levels so the tweaking would be minimised.     
    Although, yes, I'd prefer the idea of a parameter knob in Play mode.
  • I don't know why they didn't add parameter adjustments in play mode

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• daviesjdaviesj Frets: 26
    For the lucky ones who already managed to pick up a plethora, what are your impressions so far? I am tempted when they are in stock again. I have had helix/ kemper and found all the options too much (more time messing than playing!!). 
  • daviesj said:
    For the lucky ones who already managed to pick up a plethora, what are your impressions so far? I am tempted when they are in stock again. I have had helix/ kemper and found all the options too much (more time messing than playing!!). 
    Me likey lots. I don't see it as the traditional multi-fx unit, to me it's more of a really flexible swiss army knife with great sounds, that also happens to save pedalboard space. It comes loaded with buckets of great toneprints, so you only have to go tweak and deep edit with the toneprint editor if you really want to. If you like the TC effects, this is a no-brainer.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom