Farida guitars?

What's Hot
Found this on eBay today and I think it looks really cool:

As far as I can see, Farida are better known for their acoustics, but they do a few electrics... I can't find any information on this model though. Anyone got anything?
Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I often see their Strat copies pop up for sale. No idea on the quality.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    They were stocked by Dawson's music years ago. Someone told me they were an own brand, but that may be fiction. 

I have a fairda version of a custom 24, and it's a blinding guitar for how little it cost me (think it was about £250 in 2006).  It didn't like being in anything other than standard tuning, even with bigger strings. But it sounded great (likely the same pickups as the OP) and the neck was really comfy, somewhere between a PRS and a ibanez wizard profile I'd guess. 

I had it for sale for ages when I needed cash, with no interest at all. 
    It eventually became the guest book when I got married, and is hung up in my living room. 

• sgosden said:
    They were stocked by Dawson's music years ago. Someone told me they were an own brand, but that may be fiction. 

I have a fairda version of a custom 24, and it's a blinding guitar for how little it cost me (think it was about £250 in 2006).  It didn't like being in anything other than standard tuning, even with bigger strings. But it sounded great (likely the same pickups as the OP) and the neck was really comfy, somewhere between a PRS and a ibanez wizard profile I'd guess. 

I had it for sale for ages when I needed cash, with no interest at all. 
    It eventually became the guest book when I got married, and is hung up in my living room. 

Hmm, I spend most of my time in drop C, so that's a red flag...

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Purple pointy must be good LOL
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1220
    Yeah, I thought this was Dawsons own in-house brand - I guess that they are all made in one of the same 3 or 4 Chinese factories that churn out stuff for many of the other brands. 
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    Had a farida tele type probably around ten or twelve years back. Fine guitar for the money, comparable i thought to the classic vibe I tried at the same time. Preferred the neck on the Farida, it was a bit more substantial, sounded good too. Nothing felt cheap about it, sold it to my sister in law as I wanted "a proper tele with the right headstock"
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5010
    Not a brand I would automatically buy.
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    Not terrible guitars at all - boys from Two Door Cinema Club have been known to use them 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • les287les287 Frets: 13
    edited February 2020

Here's mine, picked it up on shpock for £15. Have since changed a couple of pickups and added locking tuners. good little modding platform.

https://i.imgur.com/s0gFUin.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rTgXIzF.jpg

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1220
    £15.  =)
  • Tried some of the acoustics and nylon strings in Dawsons a few years ago. Wasn’t impressed, even for the price.
  • les287 said:

Here's mine, picked it up on shpock for £15. Have since changed a couple of pickups and added locking tuners. good little modding platform.

https://i.imgur.com/s0gFUin.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rTgXIzF.jpg

£15!! Makes the one I was looking at seem way overpriced 

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12513
    My stepson’s got a Farida acoustic. It’s crap. To make matters worse the top has bellied. Consequently the action is terrible. 
  • So, let's recap:

1. Doesn't like non-standard tuning
    2. £15
    3. Crap

Hmm... it's a tricky decision... :lol:

So, let's recap:

2. £15
    3. Crap

1) blinding guitar for the money
    2) preffered the neck on the fairda, more substantial 
    3) two door cinema club use them 

You can draw whatever conclusion you want if you only pick out a few of the statements ;) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosden said:
    So, let's recap:

2. £15
    3. Crap

You can draw whatever conclusion you want if you only pick out a few of the statements ;) 

True enough... main reason I was being selective is that I was trying to talk myself out of it! I don't need any more guitars, I said at the start of the year that I was going to try & get through 2020 with the three I have now, and we're only half way through February :lol:

sgosden said:
    So, let's recap:

2. £15
    3. Crap

True enough... main reason I was being selective is that I was trying to talk myself out of it! I don't need any more guitars, I said at the start of the year that I was going to try & get through 2020 with the three I have now, and we're only half way through February :lol:
    The GAS is real haha
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They're not bad guitars. Indeed, Two Door have used them in the past but like all bands once they got their first pay packet they spunked the lot on better gear.

I can't imagine you'd be too aggrieved buying one, especially used, given the price of them.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5512
    They're not bad guitars. Indeed, Two Door have used them in the past but like all bands once they got their first pay packet they spunked the lot on better gear.

I can't imagine you'd be too aggrieved buying one, especially used, given the price of them.
    Same with The Wombats - in the earlier days Murph had a signature model Farida. I imagine it's pretty easy to get hungry young artists on board with that kind of project. Not sure if he plays it anymore.