SPEAKER TERMINAL CONNECTORS?

What's Hot

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place to post but seems as good as any...does anyone know where I can get some spade-type connectors from in the UK to connect up a new speaker? It's an Eminence speaker and the speaker terminal lugs are .502" or 52mm in new money.

I can only seem to find the standard 1/4" (6.3mm) spade connectors from places like Halfords, Maplins, Homebase, local motor factors etc which are too loose. They do a much smaller size but, like Goldilocks, I want them to be "just right" so I'm after .502" or 52mm.

Also, I only need 4, so buying packs of 100 would be a bit of overkill.

Any suggestions?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RockerRocker Frets: 5045
    Talk to Russ Andrews. Google for details.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1682

AFAIK Eminence and Celestion use the same size receptacle which is 4.8mmm but generally called "five mil"

Maplin should keep them in packs of ten. I have some...Somewhere! If I can find them I shall PM you.

Dave.

• nutboxnutbox Frets: 34
    You could always solder them on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73223
    nutbox said:
    You could always solder them on.
    +1.

And on an Eminence, while you're at it also solder up those two little crimps at the top of the terminals were the cone braids are held - they can very occasionally go bad there and the speaker seems blown until you meter directly on the braids.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 622

Thanks for all the replies. Maplins do "an intermediate" connector but having checked with their "tech" people, it seems it is only 47mm so too small.

Whilst soldering would do it, it makes swapping speakers more of a pain so would like to try and avoid that if I can. I can't believe these are so hard to get hold of!

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1682

Found a slack 1/2 doz. Ex Maps and fit my Celestion 65 (still want it P?) nice and snugly.

PM if you want them.

Dave.