SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1967 Gretsch Country Gentlemen in its rare factory black finish.

BristolKevinBristolKevin Frets: 5
edited August 2023 in Guitars £
Hi

SOLD.

I bought the guitar Vintage and Modern Guitars in Thame. They described the guitar as follows:

"Here we have a 1967 Gretsch Country Gentlemen in its rare factory black finish. The neck supertron pickup has been replaced with an era correct filtertron. The guitar has a tunomatic bridge on it but has a Gretsch roller bridge in the case. The rubbers have long gone on the double mutes as have the felt washers. The original guard sadly has a crack in it but is glued together. The back of the neck has been over-sprayed including over the raised gold serial number. The guitar has been refretted and plays perfectly. It comes with its original case with one hinge broken."

Since buying it I've fitted an original era correct supertron and have bought a new pick guard (still have the original). The rollerbridge is back on. I'd add that some work had been done on the mute holes.

The finish is very smooth, perhaps an early poly finish from the factory when Baldwin took over? 

It plays and sounds great.

I'm open to the idea of a trade, got a hankering for a 335/345. Otherwise it's £3000 ono.

Not keen on shipping - get in touch.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments