SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

***SOLD**** GIBSON MELODY MAKER Oil City Supermassive P90 £250

cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 361
edited September 2015 in Guitars £
***NOW SOLD***

Really need to move a few more guitars to clear some space at Mrs. cbilly22s compact and bijou cottage, mainly due to the recently arrived cbilly22 Junior, so this one is back up for sale again much as I like it.
2011 Gibson Melody Maker in satin blue fitted with an Oil City Supermassive humbucker sized P90 (which I believe was the first one the mighty Ash made).
Guitar has had a few mods done. Originally there was no tone control but this one has had one fitted which means the jack socket is now on the edge like a LP Junior or similar. The tone control/jack socket mod was done by the previous owner but I fitted the Oil City.
As you can see in the pics it has plenty of marks, chips and dings (...and at no extra cost). The black marks on the back are where a guitar shop put it on a stand with a rubber support and nitro finishes just love that as we know (***deleted name of shop but PM me if curious***). The scratch plate has been a little bit crudely filed around the pickup hole, probably to make room for the pickup fitted to the guitar when I got it (some sort of Wilkinson covered bucker). It's certainly not a mint guitar but all the above does add to the relic'd rock n roll vibe ;)
It plays really well with a medium to low action that could easily go lower (I hit the strings pretty hard) and sounds great, plenty of crunch with enough bite to cut through. Oh, and the bass side intonation grub screw has never been there, probably because the intonation is about dead on without it.
You are welcome to come and have a play.
Looking for £250 collected from the Canterbury/South East Kent.
Any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.  imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments