Silvertone 1478 Reissues?

On my never ending quest to find something that's comfy, I came across these. Anyone pick up any of the reissues?
I have picked up 2 inexpensive Daneletros recently and love the necks, so possibly these Silvertones might be lightweight and have nice necks....
Bigsby also really appeals.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5512
    Yeah I got one. For the money they are going for they are loads of fun. Surprisingly well made, was expecting much worse... control knobs are a little tiny but apparently that’s vintage accurate. Want to replace the tuners at some point, I’m feeling those are the weak link at the moment, and probably need to check the nut too as the tuning stability isn’t amazing, but still worthwhile on the relatively low buy-in. 
  • @Whitecat how does the bigsby hold up?
    It’s absolutely fine itself - it’s a B50 which are much better than the internet would have you believe. Just other bits of the vibrato chain as it were that might be causing issue. I have a bunch of extra Reverend soft springs here, will likely pop one of those on next time I restring, should improve the feel. 
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Wow, mine doesn’t sound like that at all. Must be something wrong with the guitar. ;)