Fender American Original Telecaster - any guitar shops take a kidney in Part Ex ?

What's Hot
danodano Frets: 1613
edited February 2020 in Guitar

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11521
    Why did I click on this thread.  Want.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, very nice. I saw one of these on Guitar Village's website the other week with a weight of something like 5lb 10 and started gassing a bit for it. I even quite like the ugly capitalised TELECASTER on the headstock, something I normally associate with the dreaded 70s guitars. If it didn't have the tortoiseshell guard I might have succumbed but that was enough for me to decide to pass.
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2391
    @Rexter or @GoldenEraGuitars could make that for you easily and you could save some cash. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1465
    edited February 2020
    rze99 said:
    @Rexter or @GoldenEraGuitars could make that for you easily and you could save some cash. 
    I'm not sure you'd save an awful lot of cash. £1600 (probably £1450 'street') doesn't seem much different to what UK independents are charging for a full guitar build.
  • As a result of this thread I checked out the Fender website to discover they are also doing a limited run of Cabronitas.....then spoilt them by putting a belly cut on the back.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tele69tele69 Frets: 198
    Stunning. Love that!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14776
    the ugly capitalised TELECASTER on the headstock, something I normally associate with the dreaded 70s guitars.
    The Thinline had the CBS style decal from day one. 

IMO, recent high end Thinline Teles with the anachronistic spaghetti logo in the Fifties position look wrong. 

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • I've just bought the AO 70s Tele custom with the rosewood board. Absolutely outstanding guitar, the build quality is probably the best I've seen from a non-custom shop Fender (and on par with some of them). My only reservation is the neck profile is a medium C with a 1.65" nut width. To me it feels a little bit flatter on the back and wider at the nut than I'm used to (having had a late 70s Tele with a 1.625" nut width) but this is all just personal preference and I'm sure I could get used to it. If you can get you your hands on it go for it, no reservations!