Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Help Me Sell My Guitar... (Please)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    Sassafras said:
    E
    I’m in full agreement 
    We are all Chameleons...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A or E, only you can decide. 

Looks a great guitar, much fun to be had playing that one!
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 491
    A or E
  • Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 105
    Thanks all, A & E are my preferred options too.

@Teyeplayer it is indeed a great guitar, im a bit unsure about wether to sell
    it really but it’s been under the bed for a couple of months now and deserves be getting played.
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Duppy03 said:
    Does it have the Certificate?
    Do you mean from the original purchase? I bought it used and there was nothing like that in the case.
    Don't worry - he's joking. It's a reference to another thread :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The only thing I’d do to that is pop some black pickup covers on there.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12513
    An old trick with unwanted screw holes is to get a wax crayon that’s a reasonably good colour match and rub it back and forth over the holes. Keep going until the wax has built up to the same level as the wood, then polish it back with a soft cloth. It’ll plug the holes and make it not so obvious they’re still there. Works well on things like Les Paul’s where the scratchplate screws have been and because it’s only wax the holes can be reused if a new owner wants them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • The only thing I’d do to that is pop some black pickup covers on there.

And fix the skew-wif D string.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 445
    edited March 2020
    I agree the crayon route (or Liberon do an excellent range of wax filler sticks - you’ll find a close colour match there)
  • CeeJayCeeJay Frets: 455
    boogieman said:
    An old trick with unwanted screw holes is to get a wax crayon that’s a reasonably good colour match and rub it back and forth over the holes. Keep going until the wax has built up to the same level as the wood, then polish it back with a soft cloth. It’ll plug the holes and make it not so obvious they’re still there. Works well on things like Les Paul’s where the scratchplate screws have been and because it’s only wax the holes can be reused if a new owner wants them. 
    Could be there a while. It's a hollowbody. I't's gonna weigh a ton when it's done too!  ;)
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73068
    I would always use something like wax to hide screw holes, not putting the screws in which always draws even more attention to something being missing, in my opinion.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom