Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So... how many guitars do you actually own

What's Hot

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited December 2014
    Recent stock-take, after deciding to have a few of them overhauled/repaired:

semi acoustic electrics ...  3
    solid electrics .................  5
    basses............................  2
    acoustics........................  4 
    solid acoustics................. 1
    classical.......................... 1 (unplayable but due for attention)

MISSING: archtop jazzbox (GAS dept)

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 5 electrics (2 strat style (1 HS hardtail, 1 SSS vintage tremolo), 1 jaguar style, 1 tele and 1 les paul style), 1 bass, 1 steel string acoustic, 1 classical acoustic, 1 mandolin.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    I know have 4...in the UK and 1 in Australia

Gibson SG std with p90's
    Edwards LPC black with p90's
    Ibanez iceman with oil city's
    Monson Nomad with sd black winters

And in oz is a Washburn A20v from early 80's with dimarzio super distortions from the same time

And by sone coincidence they are all black...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73027
    My list has changed since I first posted, but still the same number overall... I was really trying to cut down but somehow I keep acquiring things!

4 electrics - Aria RS Standard, PRS Standard 22, Rickenbacker 381, Danelectro Convertible (on loan to singer)

4 acoustics - Gibson CJ-165, Gibson Dove, Martin D12-35, Ozark resonator.

1 bass - Rickenbacker 4001

1 uke - Mahalo koa

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• 12 at the start of this thread, it went up to 15 I think and now down to 5
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

As from today, I've just added another strat - the one you previously owned  lol

As from today, I've just added another strat - the one you previously owned  lol

That is a good strat. I only moved it on as I didn't want to pay to upgrade the pickups on it when I had another perfectly good strat. 
    I seem to recall you telling me you thought the neck was a bit chunky on that @Bogwhoppit ?
    I did love the colour of it
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.

That is a good strat. I only moved it on as I didn't want to pay to upgrade the pickups on it when I had another perfectly good strat. 
    I seem to recall you telling me you thought the neck was a bit chunky on that @Bogwhoppit ?
    I did love the colour of it

Yeah, it was around .2mm thicker than my strat neck - yet felt so different. But after playing my 50s neck Gibson, I could hardly notice it.  The guy wasn't using it, he had the guitar sent of to Jon Haire Guitar Services who polished out all the swirls and light marks (although there were none to speak of in the first place) and its never been used since. I picked it up a few weeks ago, and realised it sounded really mellow compared to my goto strat. I really liked the subtle tint and the body colour grabbed me - so I traded a 2010 tele for it. 

• does it still have the black guard on it @Bogwhoppit ?
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    edited December 2014
    Ok, will play:

Gibson cs336
    Gibson es175
    Gibson es335 Joe Bonamassa
    Gibson es330
    Taylor nylon electric
    Taylor steel electric

So 6 at the moment.

Amps:
    Lazy j20
    Fender princeton '64

Looking for a fender strat now :)
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    edited December 2014
    does it still have the black guard on it @Bogwhoppit ?

No its got the original white one on, but I may change it for something a little different. My strat has a single coil size HB in the bridge, so its nice to have one with all single coils when I want that harsher sound.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    I don't know .. about 20 I guess .. I'll check and get back to you ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2036
    1 Strat, 1 acoustic, 1 amp.

3 months ago it was 1 Strat, 1 Tele, 1 LP, 1 Pacifica 812, 1 Hagstrom Viking, 1 acoustic.

I'm actually quite content at the moment. 

But a Xmas humbucker purchase may be imminent.
  • martmart Frets: 5205

No its got the original white one on, but I may change it for something a little different. My strat has a single coil HB in the bridge, so its nice to have one with all single coils when I want that harsher sound.
    Ah, is that the sienna burst US std that I used to own?
  • mart said:

No its got the original white one on, but I may change it for something a little different. My strat has a single coil HB in the bridge, so its nice to have one with all single coils when I want that harsher sound.
    This could be the local bike number 2  lol !

• mart said:

This could be the local bike number 2  lol !
    it was @Mart

hows the starcaster treating you by the way?
  • I used to have 10+ now I've culled it down to.
    Vintage Lemon Drop LP copy.
    SG Jr copy.
    Vintage Brett signature 12 string electro acoustic
    So 3 guitars. That's MORE than enough.

Plus a BassVI & mandolin for fun or adding other elements to my attempts at recording.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    edited December 2014
    Exactly the same number as the amount of testicles I have, 2. 

Yamaha Pacifica and an ESP LTD M50. Im hoping Santa knows Ive been a good boy so hopefully 3 but might have to sell the 2 to get the new one, not sure what analogy I'll use then
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• MistyMisty Frets: 135
    Er....12.

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    There have been a lot of in and out this year, various mistakes and some regrets.

Now i have Four

1968 Yamaha FG300 12 String Acoustic

2013 Fender 'Born to Run' Baja Telecaster (Modified by Feline Guitars)

2014 Gretsch Electromatic Jet Club

2010 Epiphone G400 (SG)

If next year goes to plan it should increase by another two (ish) electrics and one more acoustic and then i reckon that's me done.