SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 2x12 Combo, Excellent Condition, Cover and extras £450

What's Hot
BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5013
edited June 2020 in Amps £
GENZ BENZ Black Pearl 30 2x12 Combo with Roqsolid cover, NOS Mullard Rectifier, NOS EL84's, Spare Valves, Footswitch, £450 SOLD

I can't believe the time has come where I have to sell this, it's simply an amazing amp and the closest you'll get to those boutique AC30 style amps without breaking the bank. It sounds superb, and it's not just an AC30 cop, with the flexible EQ and voicing switches it covers a lot of territory and it has a valve reverb so you can get some cracking lead tones. It's built like a tank, Mesa levels of quality in the cab construction, mil-spec PCB's, custom transformers, and the cream on top is the Eminence Red Fang speaker.

This originally came with 2 Red Fangs as you can see in the pics, but it now has one 8ohm Red Fang and a brand new 8ohm Celestion Super 65 keeping it company. Still sounds superb, but I love the Red Fang that much I've put one in my 1x12. These amps have a 4/2 valve switch and a pentode/triode switch which allows you to switch the output from 30watt, to 15watt, to 7watt, which along with the voicing switch allows you to dial back in some of the treble you lose when switching to the lower settings. This amp has chime and volume for days, and is also a great pedal platform. However it also sounds amazing straight in the front and can get surprisingly heavy doing a pretty decent low/mid gain Marshall kind of grind.

Comes with the original footswitch with high quality cable, a handful of spare EL84's (4) and a couple of 12AX7 spares and the manual. 

Differences from stock include a NOS vintage Mullard rectifier valve which immediately improved the sound once fitted and is still working fine. An 80's military NOS set of EL84's from Russia. Tube Dampers, and new allen key bolts in the funky tube holders as the original screws were awful to get out (original screws are there in a bag).

Now a few of the older Music Radar bods may remember when these were on close out from GAK and there were some reliability issues, well this one has been fixed and works perfectly. The fault was down to a batch of dodgy alpha pots in the pre amp which had debris inside and were shorting the signal to ground intermittently, mine was fixed by Champ Electronics in Nottingham with brand new pots sourced direct from Fender via Jeff Genzler himself. It's worked perfectly since so there are no worries with it. 

It's got a few marks on the tolex but nothing major though. The handle stitching is slowly fraying, and the Roqsolid cover has faded piping and a few marks on it. Still works perfectly for it's intended purpose though!

I know what these go for, and regularly check them out when listed, with a view to the small extras included and the fact it's been repaired and fault free for the last 8 years. I'm looking for £450, which is nothing for an amp of this quality. I can't ship it, its so well made it's heavy as hell!! Happy to meet up somewhere within reasonable distance for a few petrol tokens. You're also more than welcome to come and try it, it's fricking amazing.

Pic added of new speaker setup....

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5013
    edited May 2020
    SOLD MJW GOLDSTAR 5W Mini JCM800 - 10" Combo Celestion G10 Greenback - UK Made £300 + £20 uninsured shipping/£30 insured SOLD

Can't believe I'm selling this either, but I just don't get to use it. 

Sounds simply stunning, is a 6V6 based 5 watt Goldstar style amp. This amp was bought by me here, and since then the mains transformer suffered with a short on a chafed wire so it started crackling. Fortunately I was able to send it to Martin and he got me an exact replacement from Germany and fitted it, so it's back to A1 condition and sounds simply immense for a 1x10 combo! Barely any marks, looks in excellent condition just one mark at the bottom and a little crack in the white piping. Has TMB tone stack, power scaling, sounds crack-a-lacking!

More details below:

Martin said:
    "That was originally a power amp that I built for juansolo. Then it was owned by ThorpyFX and at that point I modified the amp to have a JCM800 preamp driving the 6V6. Lovely little amp!"

"....thought I'd add some more, in case anyone thought I was suggesting that a 5W, single-ended, no NFB, 6V6-powered 1x10 combo sounds like a JCM800 stack on full chat: the preamp is entirely Marshall sounding, and that dominates the sound this amp produces. The 6V6 power amp doesn't influence the sound much till higher volumes. It doesn't sound 'Fenderish' because of the 6V6, unless you keep the gain low, max the master and tweak the EQ in which case you can get a fair impression of a Tweed Champ! "

It's a 1x10 combo with a UK made G10 Greenback and power scaling and it has a Roqsolid cover. 

£300 collection or I can deliver for fuel tokens possibly. It's also in excellent condition and has had hardly any use since the repair so it's been serviced and repaired so piece of mind for the new buyer.

I could probably ship this at buyers expense as I now have a box big enough,and a load of packaging and bubble wrap. If you want me to pack it up for shipping I can do but it's at your own risk. Uninsured shipping will be £20 - Insured for full value is £30.

(Apologies to juansolo and Thorpy for the tags intially, sorry I meant to edit them out)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4221
    That Genz Benz is bloody lovely GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    sweepy said:
    That Genz Benz is bloody lovely GLWTS
    Cheers mate, I love, love, love it but............ Unfortunately it has to go this time........ :(

edited May 2020
    SOLD! Montage 1x12 Cab - Celestion G12 Century Neodymium 8ohm

Lightweight cab, weighs around 11.7kg with the speaker in it. Sounds pretty good, but it's not a Greenback so it's for sale! The lighter weight is however very noticeable compared to the other Montage Cab I have with a Green in, it's very weird actually when you've been used to hulking around heavy ones.

Downsides are, I bought this used so it's missing the back panel as it didn't have one (they will sell you one from Lean Audio for £20), it's also got a number of marks and chips in the Tolex, none of them are really horrendous but I've tried to picture most of them to give you an idea. There's also been a clip added to hold the speaker in, so I'm guessing one of the originals isn't holding (pictured).

I have a box and can ship it, need to work out cost later. I'd expect it will be around £20ish.

Looking for £100 + Shipping. SOLD Open to offers of course and may even sell the speaker separately if you're interested.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2020
    Bump, I can ship the MJW at cost if anyone is on the edge....

Sounds great that amp, even with a 10" speaker.

• Genz Benz is a great amp....picked one up myself a few months ago......Vox AC30, Matchless DC 30 sounds for much less cost...GLWTS
    Thanks man

• DominicDominic Frets: 16297
    Totally agree......have had one ,the knobs and panel are a bit unconventional but the thing sounds every bit as good as the top end Dr Z ,Matchless etc etc ......truly great and underrated amps
    edited March 2020
    Cheers Dominic, I'm so loathe to sell it actually..... Will see how things pan out....

Added a pic of the new speakers too.

Bump, awesome loud things here

Bump... The Genz Benz is a bargain for those after amazing Vox tones for less cash. Gorgeous amp.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17923
    tFB Trader
    I used to have the MJW it's a cool little amp.
    Cheers dude! Bump :)

Bump

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2406

Nice amps

The Genz Benz is a total steal they are top amps.

I've had one for many years and is a stunning all rounder can do so much so well -  studio live, quiet loud, Fender, Marshal Vox tones... just a brilliant design.

Definitely, I love it but alas... It has to go :(

Bump-age.........

Bump-age....

Shipping options added for the MJW, happy to do a driveway driveby for the Genz

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2406
    That Genz Benz at that price is the most amp per GBP you’ll ever get. It’s making me want another  and I’ve already got one!