Noodling guitars

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8120
    In my office, Snakehead tele/Broadcaster, and heavily modified Gretsch G Love Corvette. 

In the living room, Masterbuilt Gretsch 56 Anniversary, and Supro Belmont. 

Conservatory, Gretsch G5129, and pink sparkle Jazzmaster. 

Bedroom, Dusenberg Caribou. 

My wife likes my guitars!

I have more in storage elsewhere in the house, and rotate them on a regular basis. 

Marlin
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1713
    Usually my  little Keiper 109 hollow Les Paul sized jazzer  or my Tele .Both light and resonant, but often I plug into my Fly 3 anyway .
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    I have my guitars and amps set up in the living room. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    I rotate, currently it's a partsa strat, often it's a Westbury standard and a korean Westone superstrat as its so light.
    All either unplugged or if there's music on I'll use a laney lc15 and (try to) play along. 

I suspect this'll change as I'm currently building a super lightweight strat partsa which I'm happy to let get that 'lounge relic' vibe naturally :) 
  • TforTeleTforTele Frets: 33
    Musicwolf said: 

Not yet but, since access is via the utility room, she does like to shove the wash basket in there.  Also used by her as a dumping ground for any of my stuff left around her house to which she takes offence. 

• Mine are all in the office, but I do have one right beside my desk. Currently it's my Soloist, because it's nice & light to pick up for a couple of minutes, and it's always in tune because it has a Floyd 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7122
    tFB Trader
    Telecaster of course. Not a problem if it gets knocked over when leaning against the sofa.
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2641
    Whatever guitar(s) I fancy having in the living room at that point - I rotate them.  My rationale is that the easier I make it to pick up a guitar the more often I will do it.  My wife doesn't object beyond sometimes suggesting that I restrict myself to one of my better looking guitars if we have visitors.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2225
    Telecaster for me because it's light and I feel I can just chuck it around. Having said that I've just realised my Telecaster is second most expensive guitar..

It's not a competition.
  •  Rarely get time to sit on the sofa.

I like the look of Johan Segeborn's living room - a long couch with a couple of amps sat on 4 x 12 cabs next to the window.  :)

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    Sassafras said:
    An acoustic guitar.
    I can't stand the plinkety plink, buzz and rattle of an unplugged electric.

My action isn't that low.

I've never understood when people talk about they're action being like a couple of mil. my strings move a lot more than that! I always thought any contact robs tone?
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 958
    Recently borrowed a Fender acoustic from a mate, just for noodling on. After only playing lithe electrics from day one it's like having a fat bird from Plymouth sat on my lap....Sweet memories.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 329
    I find my Jaguar most comfortable to play lounging around, followed by an SG due to contours and lightweight 
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3117
    Manson 1, a tanglewood strat copy tuned to Tony Cuffe tuning (but missing the high F# string), Kramer bass, 3x acoustics all tuned differently, 2x synths in easy reach, a clavinova, multiple whistles (tin, wood, plastic), a flute and most recently .. a harp.

and a drum kit.

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9814
    Fez said:
    All mine are in the "music room" aka spare bedroom. Currently invaded by several boxes of mrs Fez knitting stuff. When my mother passed away mrs Fez took up the mantle of head of the society for putting things on top of other things. Usually her things on top of mine.
    Ditto. When our daughter moved out her bedroom became the music room. However Mrs9000 also uses it for her baking stuff - can't complain as I get to eat more cake than is good for me! She also puts things on top of other things - I guess, like cushions, it's a lady thing.

Anyway back to topic - there's normally a Telecaster out of its case in case I need an emergency strum.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Honestly? A Jedson. It’s small and plays fine. On your way... 
  • Sassafras said:
    An acoustic guitar.
    I can't stand the plinkety plink, buzz and rattle of an unplugged electric.

My action isn't that low.

I've never understood when people talk about they're action being like a couple of mil. my strings move a lot more than that! I always thought any contact robs tone?

couple of mil feels high on my tele, and I can play it unplugged buzz free.

my LP is 1mm at 12th fret, treble side.