Quad 303

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    Doesn't the desk have a monitor output? That would be the prefered output to use, as not only will it have a volume control, it will also allow you to use PFL etc properly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited September 2014
    wave100 said:
    Doesn't the desk have a monitor output? That would be the prefered output to use, as not only will it have a volume control, it will also allow you to use PFL etc properly.
    It has a stereo jack labelled "Monitor Out", a volpot labelled "Monitors", and a button labelled "2T to Monitors".

So are you saying that if I used said jack and pressed said button, then I could use all the travel of the L/R faders, and trim the o/p using said pot?

EDIT

Tried it. It works, and you don't have to press the button (if you do, the sound disappears). So presumably the "Monitor" o/p is just a copy of the L/R outputs, trimmed by the pot.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    In the old days (of tape) the desk main output would be connected to the input of a stereo recorder so you could record your mix - the output from the recorder would be patched to a socket on the back of the desk and you would listen back to the mix you have just recorded by pressing the 2T to monitors button. As I said, by using the monitor output you can also use the PFL/solo buttons without interrupting the signal from the main output. How useful this is to you will depend on your workflow and whether you are mixing "out the box".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @wave100 fanx mate, wis awarded :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Glad to be of assistance ;-)