Will the Pocket Pod do a job for noodling without the lockdown family wanting to kill me?

What's Hot
soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
I mean ^^^ that is a the full question but couldn't really leave this bit blank. Is it okay for playing with headphones? Anything better/cheaper? 
My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Fine and dandy
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    Yes, although don’t expect much from the sound quality. I used one when I was living abroad. My son now has it in his apartment.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    nice one cheers. 

If I don't play soon I'm going to go nuts, and if I DO play the family are going to go nuts. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    Bear in mind that the sound of strings being battered without any of the expected guitar noises will also drive those around you nuts
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    edited March 2020
    Yeah at this point they are just looking for an excuse to kill me..

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6809
    @JohnCordy bought mine and did a great video review - check out his YouTube channel 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    That's cheating though isn't? From watching his other vids John clearly has different notes on his guitars to all of mine. 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    It will do the job just fine, but it's more pleasant into some small speakers than with headphones. I was playing mine through monitors a week ago and it was fun.  
  • Similar situation, extreme guitar withdrawal symptoms due to Coronavirus 14 day self isolation.  My valve amp and pedals were just was not working for my young family especially my slightly awkward neighbours. Sell some pedals or bits that you do not use. I sold three of mine and have absolutely no regrets. Use your overdraft, sell your body and get a HX Stomp.. it’s expensive yes! but it’s the best headphone based option out there IMHO unless you’ve already owned one or hate the helix range. And it sounds brilliant through a set of Beyerdynamic DT 880 headphones it’s perfect. Thanks @brucegill for your advice.
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    edited March 2020
    You could pick up the the Yamaha Sessioncake on the amazing £9.99 deal  mentioned elsehere on the forum, and then pair it with Positive Grid Bias FX which is free for three months at the moment if you have an iphone or ipad. Am assuming the two would work together but haven't done it myself so just a suggestion. Either way the Sessioncake looks a handy tool for the money...

• brucegillbrucegill Frets: 719
    Similar situation, extreme guitar withdrawal symptoms due to Coronavirus 14 day self isolation.  My valve amp and pedals were just was not working for my young family especially my slightly awkward neighbours. Sell some pedals or bits that you do not use. I sold three of mine and have absolutely no regrets. Use your overdraft, sell your body and get a HX Stomp.. it’s expensive yes! but it’s the best headphone based option out there IMHO unless you’ve already owned one or hate the helix range. And it sounds brilliant through a set of Beyerdynamic DT 880 headphones it’s perfect. Thanks @brucegill for your advice.
    Pleased they’re working out! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Oh ffs I just remembered I have an iPad guitar interface somewhere!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    @soma1975 honestly the black panel or blackface or whatever they call it is really very good and responds well to pedals
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    Tbh, I’d check out the new Blackstar Amplugs - I may be biased but imho they are the best sounding Amplugs so far and they are cheap as chips.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

that looks great actually cheers. 

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Start coughing, no-one'll come anywhere near you to complain.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    edited March 2020
    Pocket Pod is perfect for exactly this situation.  Sounds fine.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    I briefly owned a Pocket Pod. It felt cheap and sounded worse.

There must be better options out there now.
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    I have a Johnson J-Station I use for noodling and although it's fairly limited in terms of 'on-set' adjustments, it came with an on screen editor that makes it far more flexible. Before that I had a Behringer V-Amp II, the guitar shaped one and both were well up to the job and produced some pretty good tones, both through headphones and recorded. I think the V-Amp goes for around £20-£30 on the bay now and for a bit of sofa practice, is well up to the task. 

If you are feeling a little more affluent, around £40 will get you the V-Amp Pro, which I and it's previous owner gigged with and is a bit of a gem IMO.   
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    For noodling around the house, I'd happily use the original Zoom 9002 guitar strap unit.....I gave it to my brother a few years ago, I'm wondering if he still has it. :)