The UK live scene post lockdown

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    roberty said:
    Big funding package announced for the arts sector:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53302415
    Not enough detail yet to understand who gets what and if it's a loan or a grant. Basic principle will require showing how keeping your business going drives the economy forwards. Let's hope for the best and that it doesn't all go on the RAH and Covent Garden. 

My friend just posted the news that Serco and G4 have announced new “entertainment” divisions - in a very poor attempt at satire.  
    Yeah as with everything this government announces I am waiting to see what they _actually_ mean

The music venue trust were asking for £50m specifically
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I wasn’t expecting the news today, outdoor gigs back on from Saturday 11/7. We’ve got some outdoor gigs booked so now wondering if they’ll go ahead...
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4921
    Outdoor gigs are GO!!!!
  • MikkiMcMurdererMikkiMcMurderer Frets: 352
    edited July 2020
    How can there be social distancing at festivals? You'd have to put everyone audience member in a Zorb! I'd love to see a Wall of Death where everyone has to swerve at the last minute to avoid colliding!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3673
    edited July 2020
    We played our first official gig since lockdown last night ..  open air, town square. 

Distanced picnic tables for families and there was space for the 150 or so who turned up to spread really out. Locals brought out their own chairs and people literally danced in the streets sat outside their houses or watched from their balconies.  The local restaurant businesses serving take away drinks and food from their doors saw a good uptick in business.

A bandstand / back of a truck setup with picnic blankets and marked spots seems totally possible and is really no different to usual weekend park or beach grouping.  If it was a crammed space its obviously a hazard but everyone might want to join a bandstand restoration group this summer.

People were genuinely sensible and very happy.  3 encores.  

• Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    Sounds great! Where was this, UK?