Windows audio programming

relic245relic245 Frets: 1107
Anyone have any experience?

I'd like to get a sense of how much time is involved in writing an app that does this.

Plug in USB 2 headset mikes.

Set 1 is master
Set 2 is user

Anything spoken by the master comes out in the ears of the user.
In addition the master can select and play audio tracks to the user at the same time. 1 track would be good more than  1 at the same time would be brill.

There will be a mixer that controls the relative volumes to the uservas well as a master volume.

That's it.

Complicated or easy?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7492
    I feel like you might be able to do this with some creative use of the built in volume mixer in windows and/or a DAW
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 1107
    I think you're probably right polarityman. I have an idea for a commercial app for the industry that I work in and i'm just after ideas how easy it would be to create a proof of concept.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7492
    If it can be achieved with the windows mixer then look pretty easy to do the same thing programatically:

If you have to work directly with the USB drivers for the headsets it'll probably be a bit of a ballache,

Having said that, couldn't you prototype just using existing mixer software for a £200-300 ish interface and some mocked up screens? 

My feel though is that given how easily you could achieve this with generic hardware you will have a hard time selling unless you can provide an industry specific advantage (and via that advantage justify a high price tag).
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ