Modding a rare Pacifica 120s

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1424
    @Jazzthat I just picked up one of these guitars and thinking about a new nut. Did you cut the nut yourself or it was precut?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14832
    Yamaha Pacifica nut width and string spacing are often narrower than other brands. Either order in the correct size or start from a blank. Either way, expect to have to fettle the slots.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JazzthatJazzthat Frets: 163
    @Jazzthat I just picked up one of these guitars and thinking about a new nut. Did you cut the nut yourself or it was precut?
    It was a graphtech nut . Very good one with little adjustments needed .

https://graphtech.com/products/tusq-xl-slotted-nut-41-x-5-compatible-yamaha-pacifica?variant=40524962693143
    Yamaha Pacifica nut width and string spacing are often narrower than other brands. Either order in the correct size or start from a blank. Either way, expect to have to fettle the slots.
    I actually didn't need to fettle any slots .
     Only height needed some sanding down by fraction and it was perfectly fine .
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14832
    Jazzthat said:
    I actually didn't need to fettle any slots. Only height needed some sanding down by fraction and it was perfectly fine.
    Oh, the joys of a fixed bridge.  :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5011
    I'm not sure I would agree with the implied cachet of it being a rare guitar, but the work done looks great!
    I remember a magazine did a series called "Pimp your Pacifica" some years back, which looked fun.
    prowla said:
    I'm not sure I would agree with the implied cachet of it being a rare guitar, but the work done looks great!
    I remember a magazine did a series called "Pimp your Pacifica" some years back, which looked fun.
    Yeah , probably not as rare as hens teeth:) , though not many about .
    There's currently one on eBay at £300 and  loads of watchers !