Show me your Harley Bentons - I'm thinking of investing....

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• carloscarlos Frets: 3692
    There seem to be two types of HB's whether they have Pro Series on the headstock (like that Explorer above and the Fusion II's) or Standard Series. The former are more expensive and have better features. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1822
    I had a look at the fusion range based on comments here and certainly a lot of bang for yah buck if you are looking for all the modern stuff like stainless frets. 
  • Here's mine, heavily modified, but it started out as a TE52. 

https://i.imgur.com/26HrQWZ.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GazLionGazLion Frets: 104
    Jetsam1 said:
    Any more recent experience with the LP types? Been window shopping............ I know!!

£155 for mahogany and maple cap.............. If it is even close to Epiphone Standards that is a good deal.
    I've got an SC Custom on order currently so shall report back! I ordered it 6 days ago, and it hasn't even left thomann yet though..... 
  • GazLionGazLion Frets: 104
    Well its arrived and I'm very happy with it indeed! I didn't realize how much I'd missed a humbucker single cut type guitar. Fantastic value for money. 

The setup from Thomann wasn't too bad either. It just needed the intonation setting and now it probably plays better than my US strat!

• Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 749
    In a real world photo it does look very neat and tidy. I wouldn't be expecting the world but if they are fairly decently put together than that is all I would ask. If the wood is good, that is half the battle!
  • WildWayzWildWayz Frets: 90
    My Fusion Pro II Roasted Maple

Guitar(s): Custom Gordon Smith Graduate, FGN Odyssey JOS-FM-M FBT, Ibanez RG6PCMLTD, Yamaha Pacifica 311H, Harley Benton Fusion Pro HSH Amp: Blackstar HT5-R MKII, Presonus Eris E4.5 Active Studio Monitor Speakers  | Effects: Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe, Fender Marine Layer Reverb, Fender The Bends Compressor, TC Electronics Flashback 2, EH Hum Debugger, TC Electronic Polytone 3.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 377
    edited May 2020
    Gizmo said:
    @Gizmo - can you not see how your comment might be interpreted as just a teensy bit racist?
     No simple fact is this virus originated in China and it is due to there lack of action and lies that have let us to this point,id be taking the same stand if it had originated in the USA or Russia or any were else for that matter.

Let me ask you this,if you next door neighbour burnt down your house due to thier carlessness and they sold the bricks and timber for a living to help you rebuild it would you buy from them ???

But this thread is about HB guitars so if you want to open this up though feel free to make a thread in OT or CV.

Even if you could blame the Chinese government entirely for the current global situation (which is a whole other conversation)....

Turn this on its head for a second. 

Do you hold the people and the businesses of Great Britain responsible for the actions of its government? Should we be punished economically for our participation in questionable military activity over the last few decades? For the hardship and suffering "we" caused through growing and maintaining the British Empire? Should other countries actively seek to cease trading with us? To economically hurt our businesses and workers? 

That's exactly what you're suggesting should happen to the people of China. Ordinary, working people and families like you and me. 

Have a word with yourself. Whether you mean to or not, that attitude comes off as xenophobic and ignorant. 

There's plenty to be angry about with how our own government has handled the response to this outbreak before you start casting your ire at a population of billions who've done you no wrong. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13735
    You can't go wrong for what they cost really.

This is mine... I call it Mr Pointy...

The good is it's very nicely made indeed for the money, and if you like a shiny piano black finish, it's nicely done.

When it came out of the box it was filthy and needed a proper clean, new strings, fret polish and a couple of setup tweaks but then it played really well.  Tuners are fine, hardware is fine.

The bad?  It FEELS cheap, mainly because it is very light.  Also the pickups are a bit "meh", a bit generic sounding and with wah on they have a nasty trebly edge if you aren't careful.

But for £160 shipped - bargain.

Harley Benton are the answer to the question "I want to treat myself to a a guitar costing a non-amount of money, where can I get something a bit different..."

You are the dreamer, and the dream...