EQ for guitar and other instruments

What's Hot
Following a thread on the FX board, I've spent a bit of time researching EQ and have put together the following clip with my attempts on guitar and also bass and drums.  Any comments or suggestions appreciated!
https://soundcloud.com/user-230845798/basic-eq-for-3-piece
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7363
    Feels like when the bass and kick are playing at the same time the kick gets lost so might need to pick which is under which and carve out a bit of space, guitar for my liking could be a smidge brighter too but really its sounding really decent and those are just personal taste things you know. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2432
    For my tastes, both the drums and especially the guitar are coming across as a little bit thin and harsh there. I also think I'd like the kick and snare a bit louder in the mix.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris45chris45 Frets: 221
    Feels like when the bass and kick are playing at the same time the kick gets lost so might need to pick which is under which and carve out a bit of space, guitar for my liking could be a smidge brighter too but really its sounding really decent and those are just personal taste things you know. 
    I agree it's poorly arranged in that respect; I'll probably keep the bass and guitar in unison and simplify the drum pattern.  And also @stuckfast I will try and thicken up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom