Trainwreck Rocket AC30-ish build NOW WITH REVERB

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    PeteC said:
    Hi Keefy
    How are you finding the Rocket style amp ? 

I have been revisiting my Express as I wanted to build a new cab for it and I have tamed the oscillation I was getting after reading a hell of a lot of the old posts across at Ampgarage.  

I am thinking of building a Rocket (or even a VVR Express) this winter and wondered how you like it, and what kind of character it has? 

The Express is a bloody loud amp - even with a pair of 6V6s in it ( at 400v plates ) It can go from sparkly clean to roaring overdrive from the guitar volume, but its not something I would dare take to one of my usual club/pub gigs tbh !!!!   I'm looking for somewhere here in North Yorkshire where I can crank my amps to properly road test them. 

cheers
    PeteC 
    I’ve used it a few times at gigs and rehearsals and it is a worthy stand-in for my Matchless Lightning - I don’t say that lightly!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    Having tamed the Express a bit recently, I decided to fit a "LarMar" type master volume ( 250k dual pot with 2.2meg resistors ) 
    Its turned it into probably the best amp I have atm - really amazed by the amp now.  It loses a bit compared to being full throttle but not half as much as I expected and tbh its become a really versatile amp, which I will use as my main amp to record with I think.  

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
    tFB Trader
    @PeteC said:
    Having tamed the Express a bit recently, I decided to fit a "LarMar" type master volume ( 250k dual pot with 2.2meg resistors ) 
    Its turned it into probably the best amp I have atm - really amazed by the amp now.  It loses a bit compared to being full throttle but not half as much as I expected and tbh its become a really versatile amp, which I will use as my main amp to record with I think.  

Have you tried the fast and slow switch from a komet in the express amp? I have that on my 6v6 version and it makes the amp more versatile