Different IR types. Question

What's Hot
I have Reaper and Helix Native.
My physical Helix has some Ownhammer IRs.

1: If I want to use them in Native, do I still use the Line 6 Specific Ownhammer files or something else?

2: If I'm not using Helix Native and just want to use an IR loader, do I use a different OH file type and not the Line 6 specific one? If so, which ones. There are lots of options such as Wav-44, Wav-48 etc etc I have no idea what the difference is or why it matters!

ta

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• shufflebeatshufflebeat Frets: 105
    edited April 2020
    I don't know the Helix stuff but:

My Mooer Radar is restricted to IRs of max 1024 samples @ 44.1kHz. It will load longer IRs but will only use what it's capable of. It won't load other sample rates. I'm told other boxes are more forgiving.

Reaverb plugin is that I use to run IRs in Reaper and it works pretty flawlessly.

I've used Reaper to resample and edit IRs for the Radar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Generally, you can use the standard OH files for Helix Native, just use whichever sample rate your interface is set to,  the standard is usually 44.1khz so if you haven't changed it it'll most likely be that. For using an external IR loader you can do exactly the same thing. I'd definitely recommend the free version of Torpedo Wall of Sound.

Audio Engineer || Composer || Prog Nerd

empyreanaudio.co.uk || liberascientia.bandcamp.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom