My cup runeth over!

What's Hot
freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1230
edited July 2014 in Music
20-30 years ago I would buy a new record or CD every couple of weeks, I went to see all of my favourite bands and was playing and gigging myself. Now I'm a 46 year old husband, father, mortgage payer etc I'm lucky if I see one or two interesting releases in a year. Recently, however, they been turning up like the proverbial buses! Bob Mould's Beauty & Ruin is out next week and is on it's way to me from Wow HD, Camper Van Beethoven's El Camino Real is out in 2 weeks time. Yesterday I found out that J Mascis has a new solo acoustic LP out on 26th August and this morning I discovered that my lifelong hero Robyn Hitchcock has a new LP out on the same day. Good times! July bring a new Morrissey LP. I was a huge Smiths and early Moz fan but over the years he's become such a moaning git that that it's become hard to keep the faith. I see he's just cancelled another US tour due to catching a cold (it was the support acts fault!) His records have often been patchy and a bit disappointing but I suspect that curiosity will get the better of me.
Link to my trading feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    I thought this was going to be an Alice in Chains thread :( 

Colour me disappointed. 
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    Check out The War On Drugs, they might tickle your fancy:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1230
    Good call @Shark_Eyes. The War on Drugs have been added to the shopping list!
    =D>
    Link to my trading feedback