SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Kustom Coupe 36

What's Hot
211dave112211dave112 Frets: 0
edited June 2014 in Amps £
Due to a change in direction, towards 4-strings, I have a black Kustom Coupe 36 1 x 12 for sale. Great amps designed by James Brown (I believe) who had a hand in the Peavey Classic series also.  It's a twin channel amp with switchable boost and bright switches for both channels. Volume wise I'd say it keeps up with your average 40watt valve amps - Fender HRD, Peavey Classics etc etc. I actually got it to give a bit more headroom than the AC15 I had previously which it did nicely.

It's in good condition and sounds great, 4-button foot-switch and cover included. Whilst it's working fine there is an occasional background scratchy noise so could probably do with re-valving at some point in the near future (reflected in my asking price).

Specs:

Kustom ’36 Coupe
Features Dual 6L6 power tubes, 12AX7 preamp tubes, 12″ Eminence KEI12 Turbo speaker, two channels, adjustable boost circuit, long-tank spring reverb, effects loop

I'll get some pics up this evening when I'm home.

I'd like £200 + postage or you can collect from Swindon, Wilts.

(low post count on here, but some of you may remember me (!) from the old musicradar days where I had a 100% good feedback. I'm also 211dave112 on ebay with 100% feedback)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Stock pic just so you can visualise it until I get the pics up :)

• BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2716
    Typo on the low post info that you might want to think about fixing............
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Oh, and for what it's worth I'd quite like this, very few monies at the minute though - don't suppose you're interested in any trades are you?
  • Edited! Ha :)

Ian - not really after trades at the moment I'm afraid. Thanks though.
  • I had forgotten about this amp - but it's still not getting used so it would be nice to sell it to someone who would use it! Therefore, price reduction time!!

£170 + postage or collection from Swindon, Wilts
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    Tempted. I had one, and have always regretted selling it :)
    These amps were designed by famous amp builder, James Brown. He designed lots of cool amps, including the Peavey Classic series, and Fekta Blues.

It's basically a heavily upgraded Classic 30, with a massively improved lead channel, and a reverb function to beat a Fender Deluxe Reverb. They're excellent amps. Will do classic Fender Blackface, tweed tones, through to Marshall flavoured overdrive. The reverb can get as wet and drippy as you like, perfect if you want to get your 'Dick Dale' chops dusted down.

Best upgrade. Eminence Cannabis Rex.
    bump.

These amps were retailing at close on £1000 new.  £170 is giving it away!

M :)
  • 211dave112211dave112 Frets: 0
    edited August 2014
    Thanks, Marlin.

It will need new valves at some point but even taking this into account I agree that it's a bit of a bargain (I wasn't actually sure of the RRP but knew it was up that way)!

(pics up later today btw)

If I'd not just bought a Tone King Imperial, I would have bought it n a heartbeat!
    edited August 2014
    edited August 2014
    imageimage
    edited August 2014
    Well, if it's still here at the end of this month, I'll take it.  

Anyone thinking of getting a fender 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb, this will kick it's ass all day long

Marlin

• gjonesygjonesy Frets: 149
    If @TheMarlin doesnt take this let me know, I'll see if my bro can pick it up from you
  • @TheMarlin shall I hold it for you till the end of the month?

Cheers
    If no one wants it, I'll 100% take it.  It's a cracking amp, and i've always regretted selling mine.  I don't need it (got five amps at the moment), but £170 is an offer too good to refuse, and is a tiny fraction of the retail price.   

If @gjonesy wants it, thats fine.  I'll just be happy that it's going to a good home.  But, if the deal should fall through, you know where to find me :)

Cheers

Paul (aka Marlin)
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 149
    Cheers guys, not managed to get hold of my brother yet. Will keep you updated.
  • What's the drive channel like on these with humbuggies and single coils?
    Quite Marshal flavoured. Really nice.  The louder it gets, the better it sounds.  Though, still sounds great at bedrooms levels.

This is the Kustom Coup 72.  Sounds the same (same cab speakers, just more output (too much really) and tremolo.    Both sound excelent.

Marln