NGD Faith Naked Neptune from Richards Guitars.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16372
    I seem to remember him using his YouTube channel to slag off TheFB at one point as well. 
    I’ve never had dealings with him ( I did drive past his shop once) but it seems odd behaviour for a business. He also slagged off Gordon Smith at one point on YouTube but now he’s a dealer again I guess that’s all water under the bridge. 

Fifty9 said:
    drofluf said:
    P.S. if you want to get in touch I’ve found that they’re very responsive on the online chat. 

It was the online chat I used but nothing back.
    Just looked at his site and his chat is open. I seem to remember Richard made a big point of spending his evenings doing it . 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    Don't make me laugh. The poster might be real but the posting is written like an unsubtle press release. It just isn't the kind of thing anyone writes normally.
    I wouldn't be surprised to find out that someone had asked someone else to write a review here but I don't think it is any more sinister than that.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3888
    @TheOtherDennis thanks. Seems like there’s much more to this than I was aware of and I’ve no wish to stir up a hornets’ nest.  
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    I stopped thinking it was genuine when I read that getting a guitar delivered with a decent setup in a fortnight was somehow remarkable!
  • JemahlJemahl Frets: 5
    Man, I wasn't expecting that. All I can say is I'm a real person and it was my experience. I can't talk about others' experience only how it was for me and the guitar is awesome. Just to add, I am a professional writer so, you know, I write well generally, but I did that review off my own back. I don't know Richard and other than buying a guitar from them have had no interaction. I do read here a lot but hadn't realised I was going to kick something off; just wanted to share.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 324
    edited April 2020
    I too bought a guitar from Richards Guitars and could not be a happier customer. It sounds, from the comments above that he went through a bad period. Hopefully that is behind him and us and we can all move on and hope that he moved on too. Who hasn't had a rough patch at some point?
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Whistler said:
    I too bought a guitar from Richards Guitars and could not be a happier customer. It sounds, from the comments above that he went through a bad period. Hopefully that is behind him and us and we can all move on and hope that he moved on too. Who hasn't had a rough patch at some point?
    With regards to his relationship with the fretboard, it’s been more of a quilt than a patch...
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    edited April 2020
    I seem to remember him using his YouTube channel to slag off TheFB at one point as well. 
    I’ve never had dealings with him ( I did drive past his shop once) but it seems odd behaviour for a business. He also slagged off Gordon Smith at one point on YouTube but now he’s a dealer again I guess that’s all water under the bridge. 

Fifty9 said:
    drofluf said:
    P.S. if you want to get in touch I’ve found that they’re very responsive on the online chat. 

It was the online chat I used but nothing back.
    Just looked at his site and his chat is open. I seem to remember Richard made a big point of spending his evenings doing it . 

It was mid afternoon and ‘open’ when I messaged them on it but instead of someone online it went to email. Fair enough but i’ve heard nothing at all since. Maybe the flip to email when they’re actually offline doesn’t work properly so they didn’t get the message