Mini humbucker adapter rings for les Paul std?

hessodreamyhessodreamy Frets: 118
I’m trying to fit some mini humbuckers in a normal les Paul studio. I got some adapter rings off eBay, but they’re flat. This means the bridge pickup is too far away for the strings (beyond the scope of adjustment). Normal humbucker surrounds are angled & staggered for this reason. 

Can’t seem to find anyone selling what I think I need. Wouldn’t have thought it’d be this hard. Am I being dense?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73009
    No, you're not - it may be that your Les Paul has an unusually high bridge even by Gibson standards - they vary - or that the rings aren't designed for a Les Paul at all.

A way around the problem is to mount them on top of standard rings so the screws into the body go through both. You may have to enlarge the pickup height screw holes in the large rings, since the Minis have a slightly smaller spacing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom