What are the older Boss GT multi-fx units like?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74503
    I've just acquired a GT-5 which a friend is selling. I quite like it but to be honest I just can't be bothered to go through the learning curve of it all again...

If anyone wants it I would be happy to pass it on. It's in what appears to be full working order as far as I can tell, OK condition - a lot of scratches but no serious damage - and doesn't have either the box or manual (which can be downloaded).

£75 posted.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026
    I had a gt5, sounds were good, not great, but certainly not bad. The layout is where it lost me though, the phrase user friendly obviously hadn't been invented back then.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    edited July 2014
    Actually, I remember now, I have a couple of DVD Tutorials - one for the GT-8 and another for the GT-10...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I've just acquired a GT-5 which a friend is selling. I quite like it but to be honest I just can't be bothered to go through the learning curve of it all again...

If anyone wants it I would be happy to pass it on. It's in what appears to be full working order as far as I can tell, OK condition - a lot of scratches but no serious damage - and doesn't have either the box or manual (which can be downloaded).

£75 posted.
    Swap for a l6 m5? I miss my old gt5!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74503
    timmysoft said:
    Sorry, I don't need an M5…

Anything else you want rid of?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    ICBM said:
    timmysoft said:
    Sorry, I don't need an M5…

Anything else you want rid of?

that's pretty much all I have right now, scaled right down while I'm just writing and not performing live!
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    I still have the GT-3 as backup for my pedals, or when a mate wants to have a jam. Some of the effects are pure analogue and sound exactly like the BOSS pedals. I read somewhere that some of the effects used the same circuitry as the pedals although Google will be your best friend for this.

The amp modelling is a bit iffy. The COSM thing on the GT-3 is better than on the GT-5 and upwards where they changed it around.

The manual is a beast but once read it all makes sense. I have a few banks with standard effects at different levels. i.e. pedal A = overdrive, B = distortion, C = chorus, D = delay, EXP = wah. I don't use much more than that in my normal stand-alone pedal setup anyway.