Miss Munckee Caster

What's Hot
munckeemunckee Frets: 12566
edited April 2020 in Guitar
So Miss munckee is 15 and has been playing guitar again since getting the bug last summer,  (the Water Rats massive may remember her singing there last year) I bought her a washburn acoustic last summer which is great.  She has got into playing electric (nirvana phase) and wanted her own electric -  particularly a cheap one so she can take it to school without worrying about anything happening to an expensive guitar.

She decided she wanted a jazzmaster, we tried a squier vm in a shop but she felt it cost too much to take to school (that rabbit hole has resulted in me buying a J Mascis jassmaster from @Rich31k ;;;!) then I borrowed a tele from a mate and she really liked it.

@lysander put up a heavily modded encore tele that he had shimmed, refretted, rewired, put in a strat neck pickup and new bridge pickup,  changed the bridge and saddles on and set up and was selling for the ridiculously low price of £30.  Only downside was it was sunburst which is her least favourite finish on electrics.  I drove at stupid o clock one sunday morning into London to pick it up (150 mile round trip), just before lockdown luckily and put it away as an easter present for Miss Munckee.  She decided on lilac so I have refinished in bog standard lilac spray paint and put a satin clear coat on so it wasn't too shiny - and voila the Miss Munckee Lilacaster:

https://i.imgur.com/MABEDcZ.jpg
0reaction image LOL 16reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7023
    Nice work. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12566
    soma1975 said:
    Nice work. 
    Cheers mate this was the guitar you were kindly going to collect for me when it didn't look like I would have time to get to London!
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6171
     I borrowed a tele from a mate and she really liked it
    She obviously has excellent taste.
    JezWynd said:
    No she hates strats!
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2591
    edited April 2020
    Lucky Lucy :+1: 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5452
    Seqmunckee said:
    JezWynd said:
    No she hates strats!
    Like the man said, excellent taste.

Now all she has to do is graduate from single coils to humbuckers and she'll be an adult.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    Excellent colour!

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    That looks great, I bet she's delighted.

You must have set of early to collect it because you text me at breakfast time on your way back! Didn't realise you have been to London. 
    Fuengi said:

You must have set of early to collect it because you text me at breakfast time on your way back! Didn't realise you have been to London. 
    I left at 6am I think to avoid London traffic. 

How is the Tele tree coming along
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    edited April 2020
    @munckee that looks great ! Makes me happy to see the guitar have a second life
    Did you leave the burst under the paint in case she gets into relicing later on ? 
    :) 
    I hope she enjoys it !
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    munckee said:
    Fuengi said:

I left at 6am I think to avoid London traffic. 

How is the Tele tree coming along
    Still only bearing the single fruit! Waiting on @rexter to work his magic for the 2nd. 
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 619
    Turned out really well mate :+1: 
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    Amazing how much even a slightly better set up guitar is to learn on at first. 

In school, I'd have a go on my mates squier strat at every opportunity as it was so much better to play. Mine was a "venom" from one of those extra cheap starter kits 
    sgosden said:
    Amazing how much even a slightly better set up guitar is to learn on at first. 

In school, I'd have a go on my mates squier strat at every opportunity as it was so much better to play. Mine was a "venom" from one of those extra cheap starter kits 
    @lysander has done a terrific job with this. I bought it following reading his thread about the lengths he went to improving it  Makes me smile every time I play it, which is not very often as miss Munckee is quite possessive about it!
  • MilkMilk Frets: 84
    It looks like a a nice guitar for unbelievibly cheap. id consider that colour for myself, what paint was used ?
    @milk I bought this stuff from ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Montana-Gold-Acrylic-Spray-Paint-Can-400-ml-All-Shades-Half-Price-RRP-8-99/143407536425?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=442342942150&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I just painted over the existing sunburst, sanded with 400 paper then 3 coats of paint then several coats of satin clear coat.  To finish it I sanded again with 400, then 1200, then tcut and finally car polish.