SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Firebird stuff - Steinberger tuners and Lyre Vibrola

What's Hot
antonyivantonyiv Frets: 303
edited April 2020 in Parts £
Per the title, I'm looking for:

- Steinberger tuners
- Lyre Vibrola 
- Bigsby B5 (worst case scenario) 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72623
    antonyiv said:

- Steinberger tuners
    - Lyre Vibrola 
    - Bigsby B3 worst case scenario 
    I don't have anything I can help with unfortunately - other than to say don't put a Bigsby on a Firebird, it's just wrong :). (And I love Bigsbys on the right guitar.) You would need a B5 for a Firebird though...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • antonyivantonyiv Frets: 303
    ICBM said:
    antonyiv said:

- Steinberger tuners
    - Lyre Vibrola 
    - Bigsby B3 worst case scenario 
    I don't have anything I can help with unfortunately - other than to say don't put a Bigsby on a Firebird, it's just wrong :). (And I love Bigsbys on the right guitar.) You would need a B5 for a Firebird though...
    I would agree with you. But that Firebird is neck heavy and I want to fix that somehow. I love the looks of the Vibrola and that’s my go to option. But Bigsbies are heavier which is a big plus in this case.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72623
    antonyiv said:

I would agree with you. But that Firebird is neck heavy and I want to fix that somehow. I love the looks of the Vibrola and that’s my go to option. But Bigsbies are heavier which is a big plus in this case.
    You would still need a B5 - the B3 won't fit, since the end of the body is angled. I'm not sure a B5 is that much heavier than a Vibrola.

You could always fill the inside of the Vibrola lyre section with lead :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    antonyiv said:

You would still need a B5 - the B3 won't fit, since the end of the body is angled. I'm not sure a B5 is that much heavier than a Vibrola.

You could always fill the inside of the Vibrola lyre section with lead :).
    Ahhhh, I see now, thanks for correcting me. I always thought they are in this order:

B3 (smallest)
    B5 (normal)
    B7 (large)

You know, it makes sense to have them in order like that. 

I was wrong. :) 
  • Just buy the Elliot Eastman Signature Firebird as it comes with Bigsby and Steinberger tuners. It is also in Polymist gold and looks "the dogs nuts" IMHO. Also no neck dive compared to banjo style tuners.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3073
    I don't think my Steinberger gearless tuners are lighter than the more traditional type....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    I've been on a search for FB tuners recently. I stumbled across a new brand called Riot, if thats any use?
    www.theflyingacesband.com
    Just buy the Elliot Eastman Signature Firebird as it comes with Bigsby and Steinberger tuners. It is also in Polymist gold and looks "the dogs nuts" IMHO. Also no neck dive compared to banjo style tuners.
    Too late for that, my Firebird HP 2017 arrives next week. 
    paulnb57 said:
    I don't think my Steinberger gearless tuners are lighter than the more traditional type....
    The will be lighter than the G-Force system whichI have installed.
    MattNovak said:
    I've been on a search for FB tuners recently. I stumbled across a new brand called Riot, if thats any use?
    They seem a bit better than Steinberger but the price point is the same. Thanks anyway, let me know if you install them. 
  • Lyre Vibrola found. Sell me Steinberger tuners, please!