For the Nirvana fans

What's Hot
skayskay Frets: 396
Been really loving this over the past week, it's made me pick up my Goldtop and learn some early Nirvana, lots of loud fun!

Never actually heard any of Post Malone's own stuff, but they do an awesome job of covering these tunes. 

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Travis Barker is a monster. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 619
    Nice find!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1303
    I've not listened to Nirvana for an age as it just fell out of rotation, but this is quality, new life to some quality songs, straight away in the first two (as I write this)
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    Travis Barker is a monster. 
    Accurate. 
  • skayskay Frets: 396
    Post Malone's voice really does the songs justice, and I agree, the drummer is a monster player!

Forgot how good the early stuff is, and luckily fairly easy to learn and play along, plus glad others are enjoying this as much as me!

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10417
    edited May 2020

Watching this now. My two sons are big Post Malone fans, and I've been ragging them for ages about how shit his regular output is. This, however, is on another level. I'm actually really impressed. I think he really does do the songs justice. My sons, quite ironically don't like it. 

Go figure. 

Was thinking the drummer was damn good without realising it was Travis Barker. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited May 2020
    Easily the best Nirvana covers that Ive seen, including the godawful 'allstar' ones featuring Dave Grohl etc that pop up from time to time - in fact this is the only attempt thats ever been any good at all. Post Malone is really really good and fits well for the vocals, and yeah, Travis B is amazing
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    Didn’t really know about him until a year ago when his new releases kept trending on YouTube. I gave one of his albums a listen and wasn’t really sold. A while later I saw him on Norm’s Vintage Guitars channel & another video where he talks about his life & I was sold.  Definitely worth a watch, skip to 2:00 for it to begin properly.

https://youtu.be/un3vVJcadlQ

Thanks for this Nirvana vid, I’ll check it out later.
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 363
    edited February 2023
    Listening to some of his stripped back stuff he is obviously a talented songwriter. I read that he has an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of the different genres, so I'm guessing he probably chose Rap/Hip-hop/R&B as his main vehicle as he was flat broke, and that's where the money was. No doubt he could turn out a great rock album too if he put his mind to it.