guitar cleaning and polish product recommendations

What's Hot
JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
seen Virtuoso products receiving high praise but they're out of stock atm - any other decent products ? 

Would need to be safe with modernish Gibson PRS Fender Musicman Tokai - no vintage reissues etc

Any advice appreciated
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12886
    I researched for ages once, can't remember why, and ended up with Dr Ducks Axe Wax about £8 from Ebay, safe for all finished and prolongs string life as well I believe.  Always been happy with it, I do my guitars each string change with it.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3131
    I'm using Music Nomad stuff still - their Pro Strength Polish reminds me a lot of Virtuoso too. Very similar in smell as well as results. 

@Handsome_Chris was on their booth at the Bham show when he was in his red hair phase ;)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 478
    I know it’s probably boring but I’ve been using Gibson polish in a pump bottle for ages and it seems to work well on all guitar finishes.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28444

@Handsome_Chris was on their booth at the Bham show when he was in his red hair phase ;)
    Don't mention @Handsome_Chris 's "red hair phase".

I've seen him - a few times - since the Bham show (only from a safe distance, obvs), and the dye firstly caused all his hair to fall out, and has then stained his (now bald) head in a particularly amusing pattern.  He's quite embarrassed by it all, and is trying not to talk about it.  So, don't mention it!

But yes, he's your man re the Music Nomad product set - he's used various of their products to good effect on a number of different guitars.

Just don't mention the hair.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • gary_macgary_mac Frets: 66
    Same as @munckee , I like Doc Duck wax.   I also always have a tin of this on the go: https://www.poshguitars.com/product/gerlitz-no1-carnauba-wax-guitar-polish/

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5214
    I've got both Virtuoso and Gerlitz stuff both equally as good on all finishes!

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14266
    I know it’s probably boring but I’ve been using Gibson polish in a pump bottle for ages and it seems to work well on all guitar finishes.
    Same here, Gibson Pump Polish, been using it for years on all guitar finishes. It's great, not greasy or waxy and does the job.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    cheers guys - found a decent deal on the Music Nomad stuff - so gonna give it a whirl ...