Anybody Heard Of Fatboy Relic 69 PickUp Sets?

What's Hot
Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 105
I bought a Strat with a none original preloaded pickguard called the "Fatboy Relic 69 PickUp Set".

They sound good so no complaints but have done a quick bit of searching on the internet and cant really find out much about them, other than a quick discussion critiquing the plastic relicing, but nothing about the electrics themselves.

Anybody heard of them?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7343
    tFB Trader
    Yes, they were made by Mark "Fatboy" Foley on the Isle of Wight. 
    https://www.mfguitarproducts.com/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2295
    edited May 2020
    They used to do a lot of stuff. 
    Aged parts, pre wired pickguards etc.

I've got an aged guard and hardware of theirs that I got on a secondhand guitar years ago and was so impressed I bought new stuff to go on the guitar when I sold it and kept their bits.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2149
    Picking up fat rent boys for 69ers? Not here, Sir.

Sounds like something that would happen in Ipswich - Try there.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 105
    Yes, they were made by Mark "Fatboy" Foley on the Isle of Wight. 
    https://www.mfguitarproducts.com/
    That's awesome, thanks Steve!
  • shugzshugz Frets: 775
    Usually top notch stuff from Fatboy. I have a set (I'm unsure of the exact set however - fairly vintage early 60s voiced I'd say but I'm no expert on Strat pickups). They sound great to me and very well built.

'Scuse the ropeyness but here's a ruff fone clip demo of the ones I have if that's any use:

Cheers 
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7249
    I have the Mark Foley Pre-CBS 60s set and they are incredible. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 636
    He builds pickups for SVL now too. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    As others have said that Mark Foley is  a good guy with a well earned reputation for 'boutique' pick-ups - Cost around £200 a set
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    shugz said:
    Usually top notch stuff from Fatboy. I have a set (I'm unsure of the exact set however - fairly vintage early 60s voiced I'd say but I'm no expert on Strat pickups). They sound great to me and very well built.

'Scuse the ropeyness but here's a ruff fone clip demo of the ones I have if that's any use:

Cheers 
    Hugh
    Wait just one minute, am I seeing this right ? Shugz in “Not only playing, but actually owning a Strat shocker” I thought these things were like Kryptonite to you man ? 

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5228
    edited May 2020
    Duppy03 said:
    I bought a Strat with a none original preloaded pickguard called the "Fatboy Relic 69 PickUp Set".

They sound good so no complaints but have done a quick bit of searching on the internet and cant really find out much about them, other than a quick discussion critiquing the plastic relicing, but nothing about the electrics themselves.

Anybody heard of them?
    If you google ‘fatboy Strat pickups’ lots of stuff comes up about Mark Foley and his pickups, including other forum discussions which you might find interesting. 
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/