Gibson custom shop 2014

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16314
As you know this is the year Gibbo got their act together with regards to detail and QC ( you know the script)

Was all this attention to detail ( hide glue and so on) just for the LP standard cs 57/58/59s or did the LP cs juniors and specials get the same treatment too in 2014?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1462
    edited May 2020
    I was always under the impression it was for all models in the CS range, and I thought the significant improvements happened for the 2013 models onwards rather than 2014.
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5670
    I think in 2013 they were just using hide glue for the neck joint but starting using elsewhere in 2014.
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5670
    Hootsmon said:
    As you know this is the year Gibbo got their act together with regards to detail and QC ( you know the script)

Was all this attention to detail ( hide glue and so on) just for the LP standard cs 57/58/59s or did the LP cs juniors and specials get the same treatment too in 2014?
    I'm not sure this was the year that Gibson got their act together on QC - that's still very variable over the years.

Regarding specs, it's likely that they were used throughout the Historic range, but I wouldn't go by that if you're looking to buy - judge each guitar on its merits and don't worry about the year.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom