Anyone having trouble with Bax returns?

What's Hot
robertyroberty Frets: 10915
They posted the wrong guitar to me at the start of lockdown. Was a bit silly to order it but I figured it would give me something to do while I couldn't go anywhere. Anyway I arranged a return and the tracking info says they signed it 3rd April. I've had no contact since then and haven't been able to get hold of them by phone or email. Been on hold for 30 minutes today so far. Slightly annoying
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6831
    edited May 2020
    I haven't had any trouble with Bax returns, but I have a whole headache every year with my Tax returns..... 

I'll get my coat. 

4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    Okay I got through after 45 minutes. They're going to pester the returns department. And they say nurses have it tough!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well I've heard nothing since Saturday

I'd say be wary of Bax until all of this blows over. Not sure if it's a genuine mistake that would have happened anyway or if their returns dept are short staffed
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2020
    Two more phone calls... they keep promising to sort it out but nothing happens. Each time I call I'm on hold for 40 minutes

edit: it has been 6 weeks since they signed for the delivery
  • I had a dreadful experience trying to return a pedal last year.

In the end the only way I got it sorted was with a paypal claim
    I had a dreadful experience trying to return a pedal last year.

In the end the only way I got it sorted was with a paypal claim
    Oh bugger. I had been considering that
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    It's a real shame places like bax and dv247 are great for prices when it all goes well but seem to be a complete disaster for dealing with any issues.    When I had a problem with them it eventually arrived, they just had no idea where it was or when theat would be.      Hope you get sorted!     
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I ordered and then cancelled something. It took two emails and a long time for the refund to come through.
    All virus related I'm sure.
    Well after more fruitless phone calls and broken promises I've initiated a PayPal claim :-/ what a shame.  Won't be using Bax again, not that they'll miss me
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3719
    John_P said:
    It's a real shame places like bax and dv247 are great for prices when it all goes well but seem to be a complete disaster for dealing with any issues.    When I had a problem with them it eventually arrived, they just had no idea where it was or when theat would be.      Hope you get sorted!     
    Whilst paying more is no absolute guarantee of good service, and some of the more competitive vendors are still capable to deliver, there is a maxim that you 'get the service that you pay for'.  These online box shifters are all fine when things go well but it's when you hit a problem that you really see what they are like.  To keep your costs low you need a lean organisation and there's a fine line between lean and corner-cutting.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9711
    Hit em with a Paypal claim... it tends to liven them up a bit...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It was a squire deluxe tele in black for £280, amazing deal but although the factory box said deluxe tele on it there was an HSS strat inside. I was pretty blown away by the quality of the instrument and initially sent it back to exchange but it turned into this lol. Never mind, the money will be mine again
    Okay so I opened a PayPal claim, it has spurred Bax into action and they have now issued a credit note. They are likely under a lot of stress, sales of musical instruments are up and so are staff absences.  But I will be cautious about using them again