Guitar ID help please

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 28444
This is my sister's partner's guitar, but he's not going to be playing them again anytime soon.

Any idea what it is?

She says its "acoustic", but I'm guessing there's a piezo under the bridge and output via an endpin.  The label inside reads LJZ 004 (or similar - difficult to read apparently)

She's clearing out, and just wants some idea of value really.

Likewise, Fender Resonator thingy ... value?

Thanks!
:)
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5737
    Was Artisan not something to do with Lowden?
    I like the Resonator 'thingy'.
  • aguirreaguirre Frets: 31
    Artisan were very cheap far Eastern copies, had one, pretty naff
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15275
    edited May 2020
    The flame veneer and shiny poly finish on the Artisan lend it a budget Korean look.

If it has a transducer fitted, there should also be an output jack socket. If a piezo transducer is concealed in the wooden bridge à la Yamaha Martin Taylor model, there would need to be a hole drilled through the top for the cable. For this to be done tidily, it helps if the bridge is pinned.

CORRECTIONS & CLARIFICATIONS
    The Artisan LJZ-004 is made in China. It is a ‘cello bodied (steamed and pressed) archtop acoustic. The LJZ-005 is the electric version.

The FR-48 resonator looks like far more fun. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    The resonator(also commonly referred to as a "dobro")  could be anywhere between MIM to a US Strat value.  This one is a "round neck" which can be played like a conventional guitar and sound great played with a bottleneck slide.  The opposite to a "round neck" is a "square neck", which has a square-ish neck with the strings riding about 3/4" off the fretboard and are played with a slide with the guitar on your lap, like a lap steel guitar.  Mark Knopfler plays a similar one to this on "Romeo and Juliet".  

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28444
    Thanks @Funkfingers ; - my searches had failed to turn up anything useful.  I'm guessing it's not worth a lot.  Most of his guitars seem to be in the £200-£250 range.  I've never played any of them (nor even picked them up), so I've no idea whether they're in the cheap-but-good or just cheap category!

And thanks @DulcetJones ; too - given the above, I'm guessing this is a MIM.

I'm trying to help from a distance of about 200 miles, but my sister knows nothing about guitars.  She was describing another one (Yamaha se110), which I googled and thought was a single HB p'up Strat-ish thing.  Sister was adamant that it had two pickups on it.  When I got her to describe it in more detail, turns out that the two pickups on the guitar in front of her were "really close together ... touching in fact".   

Which, I suppose is technically correct ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74493
    The resonator(also commonly referred to as a "dobro")  could be anywhere between MIM to a US Strat value.
    It looks most likely to be from the same Chinese factory as the almost identical - apart from the soundholes - Ozark, Vintage etc one, which puts it very much at the lower end of that range. I had the Ozark one, it was really nice for the money - I only sold it because someone made me an offer on the spur of the moment and I wasn't really using it. I probably shouldn't have...

TTony said:
    Thanks @Funkfingers ; - my searches had failed to turn up anything useful.  I'm guessing it's not worth a lot.  Most of his guitars seem to be in the £200-£250 range.
    That's about right. I bought mine for £200 and sold it a few years later for £250.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein