Can't unsubscribe from a thread I started - clicking the star makes no difference!

What's Hot
I started this thread yesterday:

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/180334/new-slogan-for-phase-two-of-covid-19-in-the-uk

and no matter what I do I keep getting email notifications of replies.  Is this a bug in the system?  I've never had it before.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    You can turn off email notifications for thread updates. You can keep PM email notifications on, so you still get them.
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Bit of sledgehammer to crack a nut though isn't it?  I only have a problem with one thread.
    Twinfan said:
    Bit of sledgehammer to crack a nut though isn't it?  I only have a problem with one thread.
    You can’t do it for one thread. It’s either email notifications for all threads you started, or none. (Or pop up only)

That’s the limitation of Vanilla.
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ha ha, so true!

It's happening for this thread too, so it seems to be a bug.  If you start the thread you can't stop email notifications if they're set up.  That'll teach me start threads then!
    Ah, looks like there's a setting I needed to uncheck:

"Notify me when people comment on my discussions."

That's in addition to bookmarked ones, so hopefully unchecking that will fix the issue.
    Twinfan said:

That's in addition to bookmarked ones, so hopefully unchecking that will fix the issue.
    It will
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27479
    Twinfan said:

Having started a lot of threads in the past, updates to most of which are of little or no interest to me now, I've switched off the option to be notified of updates to "my" discussions (ie those that I started), but switched on the option to be notified of updates to threads that I've bookmarked.

Then, any that I start to which I *do* still want to be notified of updates, I just bookmark,

Twinfan said:
    At least it wasn't a thread about cheap LPs ... 
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:

At least it wasn't a thread about cheap LPs ... 
    ;)
    They are called “vinyl” these days grandad :D
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27479
    Bridgehouse said:

grandad

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    Bridgehouse said:

grandad

It was the bearded young whippersnapper in the tweed with tats and an eyebrow piercing that told me it was vinyl. 

He was not impressed when I asked for a gramophone for my long players. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10692
    Change the thread title to “Is Sweet Home Alabama in D or G?” and it will either die or be killed :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    viz said:
    Change the thread title to “Is Sweet Home Alabama in D or G?” and it will either die or be killed :)
    Or, “Richard’s Guitars is in league with flat earthers to turn my R8 into a Harley Benson by persuading Lee Chapman to put a 5G mast up next to my house”

That’ll probably do it.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    It's a bloody annoying thing that you can't disconnect from a thread. I started a Trump Clinton one once before he was president and it bloody drove me up the wall! It's a disaster to not be able to disconnect if you ask me.

I've found a solution though, I only start sh*te threads now that get 2 responses ....
    axisus said:
    It's a bloody annoying thing that you can't disconnect from a thread. I started a Trump Clinton one once before he was president and it bloody drove me up the wall! It's a disaster to not be able to disconnect if you ask me.

I've found a solution though, I only start sh*te threads now that get 2 responses ....
    Thank you for confirming that our policy is working. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    I suspect @tomajoha has PTSD from his R8 thread...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis