Guitarcast - Guitar Schools are they worth it?

LightB4soundLightB4sound Frets: 161
edited May 2020 in Technique
Hi there everyone,

Hope that it is okay to post this here. Thanks to lockdown, I have just started a series of video conversations which may be of interest to some of you here in the forum.

The premise being an honest chat around all things guitar, music, recording (and more!). In the first episode, we jumped straight in at the deep end, with the controversial question, Guitar Schools : are they worth it?

Have you considered going to a guitar or music school? We'd love to hear your comments on the video. Hope you also find it enjoyable.

Thanks and of course 'stay alert'

Cheers,
Neil
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Neil, that link doesn’t work for me, can you give me another one please?
  • LightB4soundLightB4sound Frets: 161
    Thanks for letting me know! Not sure what happened there, this should work...I hope

• guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1034
    Thanks for letting me know! Not sure what happened there, this should work...I hope

Hi Neil, I quite enjoy your YouTube channel, I see you are a fan of the Fender Blues Jnr!
    “Ken sent me.”
  • LightB4soundLightB4sound Frets: 161
    Hi there @guitartango ! Thanks for checking out my channel and glad to hear you enjoy the stuff I am doing, really means a lot to hear that. Yes I am a big fan for a number of reasons, size, weight, cost, ability to fit onto small stages or fill big rooms and the ability to get a good tone at sound engineer friendly levels. It isn't a deluxe or vibrolux etc but for gigging in most venues in my 8years+ of gigging with it it, it hits the sweet spot (for me!). Having said that I am now using the Helix a lot lot more for most of the same reasons. What amp are you using?

Stay safe,

Neil
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1034
    Hi there @guitartango ! Thanks for checking out my channel and glad to hear you enjoy the stuff I am doing, really means a lot to hear that. Yes I am a big fan for a number of reasons, size, weight, cost, ability to fit onto small stages or fill big rooms and the ability to get a good tone at sound engineer friendly levels. It isn't a deluxe or vibrolux etc but for gigging in most venues in my 8years+ of gigging with it it, it hits the sweet spot (for me!). Having said that I am now using the Helix a lot lot more for most of the same reasons. What amp are you using?

Stay safe,

Neil

I have a fender blues Jnr II and a hand wired MJW amp (blackface). I use the FBj for jams and the blackface stays at home. The Blues Jnr can sound a little boxy, but when Mic'd up,can sound really good.

Had the amp for more than 8 yrs now and only replaced the tube once. not bad :)
    “Ken sent me.”