Logic Pro X 10.5 is out.

2»

Comments

• TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4872
    octatonic said:
    I'm running the latest version of Catalina, but it hasn't appeared yet for me - mid-2012 MPB. Still, I can play with Live Loops on my Garageband iPad...  :-) 
    Are you going into App Store, searching for Logic and clicking the Logic Pro X update?
    It can take several days for it to automatically populate the Updates section of the App Store.
    No. But have, and am now downloading. Ta! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4214
    It took awhile to pop up on my update list too, so it seems staggered 
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 828
    I noticed I had a 6 gig Mojave update sitting in my app folder, tried running it-got a warning that it was damaged, so deleted that.
    Found the proper link for a new DL of Mojave, took the plunge.
    I saw it had mixed reviews re upgrade from High sierra-Mojave, some machines were bricked, others were a bit faster. It was a gamble, but then again-it always is, so I did the update--luckily it seems to have gone smoothly, I'm running a 2012 13 inch MBP with 16 gig ram, 500gig SSD and replaced superdrive with 2Tb HD, I think the SSD made the upgrade quick and smooth.
    Then, the link was there for the update to Logic 10,5, so I did that too.
    Christian Henson (Spitfire) just did a vid on EXS24 compatbility with new sampler, so I was reassured that it is a step worth taking.
    Before I dive in too deeply----is there anything to be aware of with Mojave, re compatability??
    I checked Reaper, seemed to be ok, but haven't gone through all my plugins yet, I mainly rely on Slate stuff, and a couple of others, most recently Plugingurus UNIFY, which is an awesome tool, so I will be checking a lot of stuff out today.
    It will probably be the last OS update I can do with this machine, it has been awesome for the last couple of years and I will be sad to see it go.