Help ID'ing a rather odd Tokai Tele

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited May 2020
    Didn't tokai have square cutouts for the humbucker legs in the HB routes I remember that was a sure fire way to spot a tokai  made  greco branded lp
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    WezV said:

I think someone planed 1/4" off the top and added a maple top. ... That bit is definitely too rough for the factory
    So do I. The join between the top and the body, the rounding of the edges, the poor fit of the centre seam in the top, and the quality of the finish on it, don't look factory-done at all.

As such I would value it no higher than the neck (1/3 of a complete original guitar of the same model) plus the total of the other hardware. The body is basically worthless.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3859
    Thanks, all.  End of that one!
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2432
    I think it's quite cute, what sort of trade value were they expecting for it?
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3859
    Stuckfast said:
    I think it's quite cute, what sort of trade value were they expecting for it?
    £500. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2432
    Hmmm, that does seem optimistic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom