NGD!

What's Hot
I've played a few Eastman guitars before over the last year or two, and had already fallen for an E10SS/V in GAK that I was aiming to buy sometime next year or so. However, already being a long-time J45 fan, when this one came up in the GV BGM sale recently I really couldn't resist it. 

Build-wise it's incredibly clean - no tooling marks or finish flaws that's I've found so far, and the internals are perfect. This one as the same full-rounded 50s profile that the E10SS/V comes with, and is a joy to play. As you can see from the pics, the nitro finish is very thin, and already shows a bit of grain sinkage over the Adirondack top - no bad thing in my opinion! 

Tonally it's everything I love about slope-shouldered builds. It's got that warmth and woodiness, with plenty of depth and upper-clarity, but a rolled-off sweetness compared to traditional dreadnoughts. It's brilliantly responsive for both flat- and finger-picking, although the string spacing could be a shade wider if you do a lot of the latter; that said, I've adjusted perfectly well to it so don't let that put you off them. When it arrived it seemed to have phosphor bronze strings on there which were fine, but I prefer the sound of 80/20s so I fitted my usual EB Earthwood's which brought out a bit more warmth to the guitar.

I've probably put more hours into this guitar over the last ~6 weeks than I have on all my others over the past year combined. It's properly addictive, and never sounds bad - a keeper!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 363
    So nice! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7867
    Thats looks great. Very nice finishing. 
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Very nice. What model is that?
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4215
    This one’s an E10/SS @Jellyroll. Same spec as the V, but standard nitro instead of the french polish option. This one has a gloss body & headstock, with a satin neck too. One thing that doesn’t come out great in pics is the subtle burst they’ve done on the back - it’s a thing of beauty in person!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • greggreg66greggreg66 Frets: 506
    That's a lovely looking guitar :+1: 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27855
    Any guitar that gets you playing is a good guitar.

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AtchinTanAtchinTan Frets: 5
    I got the smaller natural finish limited edition Eastman 4-5 months ago, it’s absolutely fantastic such great instruments
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4215
    @AtchinTan great guitars! I’d hovered over buying one of those a few times but thought I’d be patient and hold out for the SS/V model...!
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 639
    Love Eastman. No idea how they manage such high spec instruments and quality workmanship for the price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    We've just sold two E10SS today alone - they are absolute CANNONS! Really head and shoulders above guitars even twice their price! A friendly reminder that if anyone is looking an Eastman - please give me a shout.!

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)