New Epiphone ‘ inspired range ‘

What's Hot
flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
Anyone had any dealings with the new Epiphone range of guitars?? 
I’m super gassin for the SG special with the P90s.  CTS pots, Tusq bone nut, plus  finally rid of that fugly headstock!
Just can’t make my mind up what colour? But at £350 RRP I might just get both! 
https://i.imgur.com/MGmXpDK.jpg https://i.imgur.com/QfjWukS.jpg https://i.imgur.com/CKHwzt9.jpg
1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    Bang! NGD incoming, opted for Pelham Blue.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13371
    flyingv said:
    Correct choice. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1120
    tFB Trader
    I played quite a few new Gibsons and Epiphones at NAMM in Jan, I thought the Epiphones were the better made guitars
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Jason said:
    I played quite a few new Gibsons and Epiphones at NAMM in Jan, I thought the Epiphones were the better made guitars
    Good to hear! ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28753
    flyingv said:
    That didn't take long! Blue is definitely the best option. These look like fantastic guitars for the money
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Already got a Cherry Gibson Standard, so sorta made sense?
    flyingv said:
    Correct choice. 

flyingv said:
    That didn't take long! Blue is definitely the best option. These look like fantastic guitars for the money
    Definitely the better colour of the two
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4386
    I'm keen to see what you think of the neck profile when it arrives please, I never liked the old D shape that most Epis seem to have.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2676
    I'm keen to see what you think of the neck profile when it arrives please, I never liked the old D shape that most Epis seem to have.
    +1
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7349
    The red looks really nice and deep though, If the blue wasn't quite so washed out in the pics, I could make a decision...
  • DoctorfunkDoctorfunk Frets: 67
    I'm wondering why Epiphone didn't include a Coronet in the range.
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    I'm wondering why Epiphone didn't include a Coronet in the range.
    Because the "inspired by" line is their new name for the Gibson copies. Maybe things like the Coronet will follow later?
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4909

I quite fancy the TV yellow LP special, looks ace.  Just never in stock.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitars/les-paul/epiphone-les-paul-special-tv-yellow
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25113
    +1
    I was watching a review on YouTube the other day, the guy said it was still essentially the D shape but a bit chunkier, so it felt better.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    Agreed, The neck on the Brent Hinds V was a bit special though 
    edited May 2020
    if you’ve got a spare 12 minutes, worth a watch.    https://youtu.be/WPCkBmsrPz8

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3001
    edited May 2020
    I had a play on a few at NAMM and was a bit disappointed in the LP Custom. It's so close to what I want (ie a Les Paul Custom at a reasonable price), but the neck profile on that one is weird and the finish was still too "Epiphone" plasticcy. Not sure if that could be knocked back a bit with steel wool to make it feel a bit nicer? Also the frets felt a bit scratchy, probably could have done with a polish. Really wanted to like it but wasn't blown away. I thought the similarly priced PRS SE and ESP LTD lines felt much better to be honest.

Maybe the neck profile thing would be something I could get used to but it wasn't instantly comfortable. Felt like it had quite a shoulder/D shape to it - I prefer 50s rounded or 60s slim taper. I wish I'd had a go on the Classic Worn ebony as the satin finish would probably appeal to me more and has the slim taper neck - gonna try and get a go on one of these when I can!
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4165
    edited May 2020

I quite fancy the TV yellow LP special, looks ace.  Just never in stock.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitars/les-paul/epiphone-les-paul-special-tv-yellow
    I saw an Andertons video the other day, Danish Pete said he’d buy one of those if they were in stock.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikcNikc Frets: 638
    I've got a 60's Standard Les Paul on its way to me - I was waiting for lockdown to be over and then I thought what I've got more time to play ;)

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4386
    TTBZ said:
    I had a play on a few at NAMM and was a bit disappointed in the LP Custom. It's so close to what I want (ie a Les Paul Custom at a reasonable price), but the neck profile on that one is weird and the finish was still too "Epiphone" plasticcy. Not sure if that could be knocked back a bit with steel wool to make it feel a bit nicer? Also the frets felt a bit scratchy, probably could have done with a polish. Really wanted to like it but wasn't blown away. I thought the similarly priced PRS SE and ESP LTD lines felt much better to be honest.

Maybe the neck profile thing would be something I could get used to but it wasn't instantly comfortable. Felt like it had quite a shoulder/D shape to it - I prefer 50s rounded or 60s slim taper. I wish I'd had a go on the Classic Worn ebony as the satin finish would probably appeal to me more and has the slim taper neck - gonna try and get a go on one of these when I can!
    Bah humbug.