New Epiphone ‘ inspired range ‘

What's Hot

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4386
    My Junior has finally arrived :)

Great guitar for the money and perfect for what I wanted it for. Just strung it up for open A slide guitar and it’s really nice. 

Chunky neck and good fret work with no sharp ends. Can’t tell if there’s many high spots as I have the action set higher for slide. 

I really like the new headstock and the P90 sounds very nice. All in all at £299 for a kick about slide guitar it’s a winner for me 
    Pics!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7250
    edited May 2020
    Now also thinking about the SG Muse and sticking a batwing scratchplate on them. 

EDIT: Forget that. The scratchplates don't line up perfectly. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sod it. Ordered the '61. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • My Junior has finally arrived :)

Great guitar for the money and perfect for what I wanted it for. Just strung it up for open A slide guitar and it’s really nice. 

Chunky neck and good fret work with no sharp ends. Can’t tell if there’s many high spots as I have the action set higher for slide. 

I really like the new headstock and the P90 sounds very nice. All in all at £299 for a kick about slide guitar it’s a winner for me 
    Pics!!!
    https://imgur.com/a/9ivQrYx
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4386
    That looks superb, congrats!
  • That looks superb, congrats!
    For £299 I honestly can’t fault it. Pleased I didn’t spend £1200 on the Gibson USA version as this is perfect for what I want it for 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25112
    For £299 I honestly can’t fault it. Pleased I didn’t spend £1200 on the Gibson USA version as this is perfect for what I want it for 
    I like your other two LPs in that picture too.  Interesting choices.
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    It seems a shame they didn't keep the traditional Epiphone headstock  :#
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:
    I like your other two LPs in that picture too.  Interesting choices.

Studio BFG and single pup R7. There’s another 4 Les Pauls on the opposite wall lol
    My '61 SG arrived. Kudos for a Sunday delivery less than 24hrs after I ordered from Gear4Music!

Looks great. Light as a feather. Neck dive is slight and really not an issue at all. 

Board was dry and felt sticky and action was too low so cleaned it and conditioned it. So much gunk - presumably dye - came off.

Even after cleaning and wiping off and cleaning again after 20mins of playing with new strings these were my fingers. 

Tones are decent. I'm sure better pickups would bring it to life but will keep stock for a long as possible. 

There's a bit of rattle in a couple of places on the fretboard but it probably needs a bit of a setup. 

Overall it's well worth the money but will need some tweaking out of the box. 

1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    HNGD! :+1: 
    Cheers. Threw on some jam tracks and played about and after a while it started to loosen up and respond better. Hopefully a bit of breaking in will work wonders. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NikcNikc Frets: 638
    My Les Paul wanted a bit of playing felt good out of the box but it's is singing now. I'm really pleased with the pickups, the sound from the neck with the tone rolled back to 4 is JUST gorgeous ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Fingers crossed, they’re going to re introduce the SG ( Les Paul ) Custom 61 reissue, Cream / 3 pups..... again hated the headstock on them before, but would love to grab a newer version one if they became available.
    Been searching for the Gibby version? but not to many of those around? 
  • NPPNPP Frets: 237
    as always there seem to be no lefties available?

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15281
    flyingv said:
    Been searching for the Gibby version but not too many of those around.
    I know somebody with a white one but, for both sentimental and playing enjoyment reasons, I cannot imagine her ever selling it.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    edited May 2020
    flyingv said:
    Been searching for the Gibby version but not too many of those around.
    I know somebody with a white one but, for both sentimental and playing enjoyment reasons, I cannot imagine her ever selling it.
    That’s a shame.
    edited May 2020

Currently allen keying the bastard into submission. 

I forgot how much cheaper guitars rattle!

I think I have it pretty much as good as it will get without buying new hardware now. 

These pickups do not excel at clean and just breaking up tones but they love a bit of gain. 

Will leave as-is and try to get used to them. 

Why on Earth do the humbuckers buzz individually but not in the middle position? How is that even possible?

Not enough to be annoying but enough to notice and add to the list of things you don;t get on a grown up guitar. 

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1436
    Epiphone Inspired reminds me of Tesco Finest for some reason
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    Epiphone Inspired reminds me of Tesco Finest for some reason
    Got to be better than reminding you of Tesco Value though right ? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom