Thank You Parcelforce, for ridding the world of a PRS.

What's Hot

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5199
    I don’t know what to say....I’ve just taken delivery of the DGT today from Neil @IvisonGuitars I’ve told Neil that I was extremely fortunate to get him still doing repairs before he goes stratospheric with his line of wonderful guitars...Pics later, but I just wanted to get a few words down tonight... Firstly, the fret dress Neil has performed is exquisite.. bending is effortless and so smooth. Secondly Neil fitted a new bone nut which matches the pickup surrounds and machine head buttons perfectly and is cut to perfection. 

On to the repair! What repair? I can’t see any signs that the break ever happened......The DGT has V12 finish, so isn’t a normal Nitro repair that Neil is used to (Damn you Paul Red Smith =)) but it looks wonderful and Neil has worked absolute wonders!! 

I just need a proper PRS Hardcase and a new matching Trem arm tip in cream to replace the black one and I’ll be done.....Thanks again Neil! I can’t thank you enough  <3
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    Wow.   Having owned a DGT standard i am
    looking forward to seeing it back in great condition.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3686
    DPD took out the gatepost at my last gaff. And then the driver tried to get his van fixed privately, rather than own up to an honest mistake. 
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3686
    tone1 said:
    I don’t know what to say....I’ve just taken delivery of the DGT today from Neil @IvisonGuitars I’ve told Neil that I was extremely fortunate to get him still doing repairs before he goes stratospheric with his line of wonderful guitars...Pics later, but I just wanted to get a few words down tonight... Firstly, the fret dress Neil has performed is exquisite.. bending is effortless and so smooth. Secondly Neil fitted a new bone nut which matches the pickup surrounds and machine head buttons perfectly and is cut to perfection. 

On to the repair! What repair? I can’t see any signs that the break ever happened......The DGT has V12 finish, so isn’t a normal Nitro repair that Neil is used to (Damn you Paul Red Smith =)) but it looks wonderful and Neil has worked absolute wonders!! 

I just need a proper PRS Hardcase and a new matching Trem arm tip in cream to replace the black one and I’ll be done.....Thanks again Neil! I can’t thank you enough  <3
    I did wonder if the order of the 'before' and 'after' pics had been reversed. Seriously slick repair. Outstanding!
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6825
    Arktik83 said:

Parcelforce = Parcelfarce
    UPS = Unsurprisingly Poor Service
    DHL = Drop it, hide it, lose it. 

UPS and FedEX and merging, so I hear. 
    They are going to call the new company, FedUPS
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 60cycles60cycles Frets: 72
    edited September 2020
    Very happy for you, i'd have been gutted. Major emotional blow.
    I hope you get to enjoy it

Am also thankful, as you taught me something i knew i guess, just never applied into a guitar-related context:
    Never, ever, buy used unless you trust/know the seller personally ^^
    (self-evident, but you could have sold it to me for whatever price and i'd never have known it was cracked)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23551
    edited September 2020
    60cycles said:
    Am also thankful, as you taught me something i knew i guess, just never applied into a guitar-related context:
    (self-evident, but you could have sold it to me for whatever price and i'd never have known it was cracked)
    That's an interesting point.  Does a repair even matter if you can't tell it's there and you don't know it ever happened?  

It's almost like the tree falling in the forest with no-one there to hear it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:
    Does a repair even matter if you can't tell it's there and you don't know it ever happened?  

I'm willing to assume that repairs of this.. magnitude can occasionally -craftsman depending- be so good, you'd never be able to tell.
    Emotionally speaking however? Makes all the difference in the world to me.
    I won't elaborate further, man just had his PRS repaired, bad enough i even brought this up am thinking.

Also, i can't afford something like this, not even used, so my factor of importance (attributed, to both the purchasing and the subsequent emotional bonding) need not be another's.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4214
    Sometimes its just easier to deliver it or at least meet half way 
    It’s amazing but it’s come back from repair and it rings like a bell and sounds so majestic, almost piano like. The bone nut and immaculate fret dress probably adds to that. It’s hard to tell from the photos but the birds have a cream outline which matches the pickup rings, tuner buttons, bone nut and now the knobs and switch tip. I haven’t tried a maple cap full fat DGT, but it does funky to all out zz top... the neck is so smooth and quite deep but not mega wide. Dave Grissom has the frets so that they give you a little more extended playing surface area (which I love cos I hate slipping off the edge) I also love the lack of bling and no binding. 
    It obviously didn’t want to leave... so it’s probably found me... As for resale price it’s a tough one, as as soon as I did sell I’d then actually realise the loss....As for PRS guitars it’s the best I’ve had, and I’ve had a 513 10 top and a EG4 both of which were nothing compared to the DGT.... :)
  • Repair looks absolutely sensational. Genuinely astonishing how you can make it simply vanish. So impressed!

Glad you managed to get it sorted fella.
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    edited September 2020
    I haven’t read the full thread, but sure someone has said something about Parcelforce not covering musical instruments in their insurance terms? This is utter tosh and I have successfully argued that they’re in breach of contract underage Consumer Rights Act (Supplying a service):
    • The trader must perform the service with reasonable care and skill.
    They are in breach of this point. They cannot negate this with T&C’s....they can refuse to carry it though. Which they haven’t and you have declared it on the booking. Just make yourself a massive pedantic pain in the arse and they’ll pay you out before you get anywhere near Small Claims. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Parker said:
    I haven’t read the full thread, but sure someone has said something about Parcelforce not covering musical instruments in their insurance terms? This is utter tosh and I have successfully argued that they’re in breach of contract underage Consumer Rights Act (Supplying a service):
    They are in breach of this point. They cannot negate this with T&C’s....they can refuse to carry it though. Which they haven’t and you have declared it on the booking. Just make yourself a massive pedantic pain in the arse and they’ll pay you out before you get anywhere near Small Claims. 
    Thanks.... I need to chase it up :)
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16931
    Philly_Q said:
    60cycles said:
    That's an interesting point.  Does a repair even matter if you can't tell it's there and you don't know it ever happened?  

I always wonder, just because I can do an invisible repair, should I?

I do actually prefer to do a skillful, but visible repair.  I think this one falls into that bracket.  If you know what to look for, its there... but you wouldn't notice it if you were not looking.

Bloody good work
    WezV said:
    Philly_Q said:
    60cycles said:

I always wonder, just because I can do an invisible repair, should I?

I do actually prefer to do a skillful, but visible repair.  I think this one falls into that bracket.  If you know what to look for, its there... but you wouldn't notice it if you were not looking.

Bloody good work
    Yes... I certainly wouldn’t (and couldn’t) not mention the repair if I ever sold it... but the subsequent buyers may be duped into thinking it was un-molested 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5106
    edited September 2020
    I think that’s an outstanding repair job and surely the object of any repair is to make it as close to invisible as possible?! It would be rather odd for a customer to say to their repair man ‘don’t make it invisible please‘! 
    I also have it on good authority that the repair is just about visible to the naked eye if you know where to look and look really closely.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12504
    edited September 2020
    Fantastic repair job. @tone1 ; Are you keeping it now or is it having a second attempt at going to Gassage Towers? 
  • Parker said:
    Top post, thank you, this should be stuck on the top of the forum. Wonder if that's why all of them push the extra "insurance" so hard, not just cos they take more of your money, but so you accept their liability when you buy it?

Well it’s been a long 12 months but I finally got some compensation today...
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom