Parkinsons Disease

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• Well I must say I am very VERY disappointed no one has wished me Happy World Parkinson’s Day, or got me a cake or a 2 week all expenses paid holiday.. :( :( :(

you are a very selfish lot :lol: :smile: :blush: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16115
    I went 10 pin bowling with 2 very old friends this evening ......Clifford has had Parkinsons for 14/15 years now ......he's 62 and got diagnosed at 47 . He's still going very strong .......strong enough to win the bowling ! 
    Apart from a slightly awkward  arm that wants to go behind his back every so often he is 100 % able .Plays Golf most days , still skis perfectly and plays a lot of serious tennis . I notice that in the last year it has jad a very slight effect on his speaking with an occaisional stammer but you wouldn't really know he had this horrible disease .
    There's a huge amount of hope with medication and stem-cell breakthrough.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4716
    I have a friend in the early stages of the disease and I have to say that I didn't notice it at first although others did.  I thought it was because of his excesssive drinking - why just get pissed when you can drink yourself senseless - but no.

We went out for lunch the other day and I was shocked at how bad he had got, with constant shaking and trembling, in such a short time.   His speech, indistinct at best normally, had worsened too.

"Look on the bright side" he said. " It's stopped me drinking too much as I can't hold a pint without spilling most of it".

Life is a bitch, and then you die...........

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1125
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68795161

I didn't even know he'd been diagnosed with it 
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68795161

Yeah he did a documentary last year. I was okay watching that one as I am further on in PD than he is whereas the MJFox one proper upset me seeing a glimpse into my future.

live day to day, Saturday I was in town with work colleagues where I managed to play and win the darts. Yesterday I was in my mobility scooter because I could hardly walk. Unfortunately I have more yesterdays than Saturdays now. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    "Shakeybob!" - a bit gallows humour, there! Didn't know about WP day, didn't see any publicity (though I wasn't looking for it, tbf). 

Best wishes, as always  :)

• LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1125
    edited April 12
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68795161

Yeah he did a documentary last year. I was okay watching that one as I am further on in PD than he is whereas the MJFox one proper upset me seeing a glimpse into my future.

live day to day, Saturday I was in town with work colleagues where I managed to play and win the darts. Yesterday I was in my mobility scooter because I could hardly walk. Unfortunately I have more yesterdays than Saturdays now. 

If only it was possible to give you a Wisdom and a LOL because both apply to that post as far as I'm concerned   .