Best Bang 4 Buck Acoustic

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I bought this recently. I never thought I’d say it as I’ve always been a little sniffy about Tanglewood but it is frankly astonishingly good value,I kinda feel everyone should buy one!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362991873052
    If you want your mind truly changed about Tanglewood try an X15 NS they’re not the cheapest at £650 but not the most expensive either and are just amazingly good guitars. 
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1809
    Hi 
    hard to say as image is not to scale and I did not resize mine as well as I could as it was a rush job.

front shifted I believe is around 1 “ from sound hole 11/2” standard 13/4  rear shifted.

I presume the 1950 to be standard but reading up they moved to rear shifted late 30’s so I presume it stayed that way for a while. Again I presume for greater acoustic projection/ volume.

i am sure some of the acoustic experts here could clarify it better.

for me an unexpected totally random find and one I am glad I got.

if you listen to the latter part of the review video where he plays in DADGaD gives a better idea of how it develops. Does have a lot of bang for the buck.

i am sure true aficionado of these thing will go on about the line count being low or cork sniffing stuff but it easily gets you in a different ball park than the standard Asian Sitka budget guitar.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7714
    Last time I was in a decent acoustic shop looking for something more expensive I took the opportunity to also try a bunch of Eastmans as I'd not payed any before - I was blown away by how good they *all* were. the more expensive ones were better than the cheaper ones, but all were great guitars at the respective prices - I'd definitely put them on any future shortlist  
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GTCGTC Frets: 267
    I recently bought a left-handed Eastman travel guitar just to see if they were as good as I'd read on this forum.

In summary - WOW!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3328
    I have an Eastman OM that isn’t getting enough use, feel free to drop me a pm.
  • 10thumbs10thumbs Frets: 427
    Whatever you decide on , real bang for your buck comes from buying second hand  , errr I mean. ..pre-loved.

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1420
    A range of Tanglewoods maybe. I have a Seagull s6. Seems to be a good enough workhorse.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2036
    A range of Tanglewoods maybe. I have a Seagull s6. Seems to be a good enough workhorse.
    Yeah that's the one I'm intrigued by

Lots of good suggestions - Auden may be slightly out of my price range. I can manage £700 tops.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3328
    Auden guitars generally play very well and sometimes crop up secondhand in your budget. The lower level offerings from Maton are also worth a look, I’ve an s60 that’s very nice. As has been said so many times here, you’ll struggle to find anything as good as the guitars from Eastman in this range. 
    Here’s my OM as reference for what £500 can get you (it really is astonishing): 
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/155097/ngd-eastman-e1-om-ltd#latest
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    I've just posted an offer on some ex-factory demo Eastman's in the classifieds for anyone looking
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    Faith guitars are brilliant value for the money. All solid woods, variety of body shapes...worth a look
  • lapua65lapua65 Frets: 42
    I am by no means qualified to answer this as  been learning for just over a year. My first guitar was a Tangewood folk and not really suitable for me. I then found an ebay bargain solid cedar topped Tanglewood for £100. I spent many months on this and just thought there was something missing. I ended trawling a few shops and purchased a lovely Alvarez and traded the Tanglewood in. 2 months later I bought an identical Tanglewood off the same seller of ebay. I haven't touched the Alvarez since. I am not saying that Tanglewood are all things to all, but I will be trying every guitar I can find when I next treat myself.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2036
    lapua65 said:
    I am by no means qualified to answer this as  been learning for just over a year. My first guitar was a Tangewood folk and not really suitable for me. I then found an ebay bargain solid cedar topped Tanglewood for £100. I spent many months on this and just thought there was something missing. I ended trawling a few shops and purchased a lovely Alvarez and traded the Tanglewood in. 2 months later I bought an identical Tanglewood off the same seller of ebay. I haven't touched the Alvarez since. I am not saying that Tanglewood are all things to all, but I will be trying every guitar I can find when I next treat myself.
    I have 3 Tanglewood electrics and all are excellent, so definitely a fan.