MY Telecaster collection

What's Hot

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    Watched this las night & really enjoyed it. Would be good to hear you talk about your amps. Maybe a separate video on effects also (if you use them?).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @duotone the effects video will be boring I only use a slap back echo but I’ve got some amps I could do 

@DrBob thanks ! 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6832
    Great vid @jamesoliver1234 makes me miss South Wales!
    Say hi to Keyo if you see him, not that you will for a while! 
  • @jamesoliver1234 ;Which is your favorite tele in your collection?
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16382
    I really enjoyed that, went well with my left over curry lunch! 
    Amps and effects video would be good. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    Love your playing @jamesoliver1234 ; and you always make me happy. Great to see your new 'talkin' video. I'd never heard of Dearnaley, and I really would love to try one of his Teles. All your Tele's are tasty, but one in particular I've wanted for years now, and have pretty bad GAS for, Is the Danny Gatton signature. Keep looking periodically over the years, but never yet found one thats both original and not stratospheric in price. Keep the videos coming pal, never tire of them. :+1: 

• skayskay Frets: 396

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KoaKoa Frets: 122
    The Guitar magazine had an article on Dearnaley recently 
    https://guitar.com/features/interviews/dave-dearnaley-acoustic-guitars/
  • llewllew Frets: 78
    Thanks for sharing that,I enjoyed reading it. His guitars really are spectacular and just play so well. 
  • @Koa yes the sunburst one in the article is the one i have.

@merlin i see keyo regular! i shall say hey for you
  • @Draco_V_Ecliptic ; its hard to pick.. since the lockdown its the danny gatton .. i love the bardens .. for gigs i use the vintera ... i bought the vintera cause of mick green and loving fiesta red but when Fender shared the clip of me playing it i made that my number one guitar. ive just bought a barden danny gatton for that.. i never use the humbucker if im honest i like them all  for one reason or another.

• @EricTheWeary ; effects would be boring i think i use jhs milkman and a timmy overdrive which i use for maybe one song and that's it .. amps ill deffo do in the coming weeks and post it on this thread..im going to film a gretsch video this week to
  • @MikeS I'm glad your enjoying the video's mike.. the gatton i had off this forum i swapped cash and a really good AVRI tele for it.. i can't remember the guys name but he was a top bloke.. i think half of south wales have one his telecasters ive gig'd mine as a spare for years  .. i picked my relic from a guitar in the black guard book .. which is the vintage tele bible.. i have flat head screws on mine like a true nerd! 
  • @skay ; Soon to be 11 if i can find a paisley at the right price when the lockdown is over and i can gig again.
  • pjfpjf Frets: 331
    I also loved the enthusiasm. And the Squier nocaster - she’s a mean little mama! Thank you for getting that stuck in my head all day by the way :) 
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4376
    Very enjoyable video. Keep ‘em coming!
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6832
    @merlin i see keyo regular! i shall say hey for you
    Just so you know, I'm from Penarth. Keyo and I played in a couple of bands donkey's years ago. 
  • @Lewy ; thanks!

@merlin ok cool!.

@pjf nice one. it does get stuck in your head. 
  • skayskay Frets: 396
    @skay ; Soon to be 11 if i can find a paisley at the right price when the lockdown is over and i can gig again.
    @jamesoliver1234 ;It truly is an addiction!

I'm down to 3 Teles now, and even though my nocaster is my perfect tele in playability, looks and sounds, I'm forever searching and drooling over others.

Why can't a man be satisfied?...

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

• TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    @jamesoliver1234 - found your Tele video really entertaining and natural, as with your other vids.

I find it amusing how easy it is for me to start a new round of GAS. I recently bought a Squier CV Jaguar just to try out the 24” scale and now I am GASing anything with a short scale. Shame it is unlikely to get played a fraction as well as yours do. How do you move your picking hand that fast and still hit every strong perfectly?