One for (Rich) Satch Fans!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 452
    @hubobulous given the guitars of yours I've seen for sale, your Suhrs and now these I would love to see your collection - seriously impressive and right up my street

Seeing that photo makes me think a worn JS10th would actually be a good guitar to have - no point trying to keep it pristine, but still an iconic guitar

Are the doodles on the white JS by the man himself? That's not a JS Art is it as they were the 24 fret models?

I had a white JS1000 that had yellowed beautifully but sold it in a moment of madness, probably the only guitar I regret selling

The Crystal Planet model is another I would buy, one came up for a steal years ago, but as the sole breadwinner with a young family at the time I had to let it go. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, compared to today's prices the Black Dogs were relatively cheap when they came out
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    @DavusPG - yes, the white guitar was not just doodled by him, but was his actual guitar. He auctioned it about 9 yrs ago to raise cash for a friend who needed medical costs covered and me + a bottle of red wine won the auction!! It was from his Chickenfoot time and its in quite a few vids. This was the genesis of the JS Art idea.

The first time I played it some of the art came off, so need to get that sorted somehow and then cleacoat it. I fully intend to play this one, but don't want to remove more of the art before doing so.

The Crystal Planet is apparently quite heavy, but yep, I'd love one.
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23592
    The last few posts get a lot of Wows!
  • Damn that chrome boy. I once had my hands on one and although i dont find it good looking it has that "something" that I really like. I have no idea what it is.
  • Tall_martinTall_martin Frets: 229
    I've got a lowly js100 and love it! I've had it for nearing 10 years. I was looking for a js without a floyd type bridge but ended up with something else at the weekend. .otherwise I would be buying this js1600 today.

Ah well :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ibanez-Joe-Satriani-1600-guitar/174304596887?hash=item28955d1397:g:ReYAAOSwLcZe1si~
  • RedFalconRedFalcon Frets: 182
    Another Chromeboy. Didn’t the original batches have finish errors and issues. I wonder if the finish is more resilient. 

I have a js1200 and it is a fantastic guitar. Very comfortable to play - like a faster hot strat. You can pick one up for 800-900 quite easily these days. Apart from the sustainaic pickup and tremolo (depending on the year it was made in) there’s not much different going on. 

Regarding fixed bridge JS guitars. There also was a South Korean made JS600. Otherwise you’ll have to delve into the Radius series like the 542r and such to find a non-locking JS. 

But 5k for an Ibanez. Thats is a heavy markup for a finish that probably won’t retain value. 

RedFalcon said:
    Otherwise you’ll have to delve into the Radius series like the 542r and such to find a non-locking JS. 

Just had to Google those.  I've got an old Ibanez catalogue with the 540R, but I didn't remember any non-locking models.  Nice guitars, what a great body shape it is!

542r  Ibanez Guitars Mods and Stuff

• RedFalconRedFalcon Frets: 182
    It’s a shame that the radius series was dropped. I guess it just wasn’t as strong as the JEM and RG series. I still prefer these over the S series. 
    I've got a lowly js100 and love it! I've had it for nearing 10 years. I was looking for a js without a floyd type bridge but ended up with something else at the weekend. .otherwise I would be buying this js1600 today.

Ah well :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ibanez-Joe-Satriani-1600-guitar/174304596887?hash=item28955d1397:g:ReYAAOSwLcZe1si~
    Only just seen this, I'd have had a go if I had

Someone got a bargain there 
    RedFalcon said:
    It’s a shame that the radius series was dropped. I guess it just wasn’t as strong as the JEM and RG series. I still prefer these over the S series. 
    I wonder if it's because Joe adopted and tweaked the Radius series into the JS that it went by the wayside?

I really wanted a JS or a Jem as a teenager, but not being able to afford one I was fortunate enough that the RG was a virtually identical guitar so went with that

I don't recall them having the Radius available at the time, if it were then I would have gone for that. I had one about 10 years ago and it was a cracking guitar
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 372
    I used to have one of the first 250 Chrome Boys to be made, and I even got Joe to sign it on the back of the headstock, - I have a (signed) picture of Joe and me holding it. Guitarist magazine asked to review it.  I was too scared to play it in case I damaged it, So I thought it's better off with a collector (as opposed to a user) So I sold it, I do still have the magazine though. 

Originally I was led to believe that they were only going to make 250, but they've made loads of them now, so not so special anymore.  

Last time I saw Joe he asked me if I still had it - gulp! 
    icu81b4 said:
    He's got a good memory!  Or have you met him many times?

The last few posts would be giving me GAS for a Radius model if they didn't have such skinny necks (not so skinny by Ibanez standards, I know).
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 372
    Philly_Q said:
    icu81b4 said:
    He's got a good memory!  Or have you met him many times?

Well he was signing the photo of us both holding it so .... but I have met him quite a lot. - nice guy.