PSA Rotosound 10s - 3 pack + strap £10.35 Amazon

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rossirossi Frets: 1713
    edited June 2020
    They sound just like Earnies so I buy them instead of paying  towards Trumps re election.I have three straps available should any lost soul collect them .Never broke one but I tend to finger pick a top loader Tele so probably wont anyway .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • skayskay Frets: 396
    I bought a ton of Roto yellows a while back. If they sound better/different I haven't noticed.
    It may have been due to my new wooden floors...

I like the fact they come properly sealed/packed now, as I bought a few multipacks a few years ago, and had to throw away the plain strings due to rust.

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

• SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    I buy Roto Blues 10-52, they last longer than EB slinky and on par with D'Addario for longevity.
    They're bright sounding  and smooth under the fingertips and the spare 1st string is a bonus. 
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 688
    skay said:
    I bought a ton of Roto yellows a while back. If they sound better/different I haven't noticed.

I like the fact they come properly sealed/packed now, as I bought a few multipacks a few years ago, and had to throw away the plain strings due to rust.
    Ah that's another point:

I broke a string on a gig and opened up the pack of Rotos. They were all wound together in one big lump and once I'd fiddled around and got them apart, dropping several of them on the floor, I then had to find the packet that I'd hurriedly tossed aside so I could read the ball-end colour coding chart under my green and red lights in the partial darkness.

Before I'd even attempted to actually fit the string to the guitar, the "emergency song" (7 Nation Army, if you must know) was already nearly at an end. I've fitted a string in a single verse before now but never with Rotos.

With Ernies, each string is in its own bag. On the occasion that I do break a string and can't have a spare guitar on stage, which fortunately is very seldom given we're a trio, I need to be able to get at the string I need straight away.
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 688
    skay said:

Also, I'm not saying they don't sound different, I'm just not very good at paying attention to that sort of comparison!
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Ive used Roto's and Ernies in the past and have broken Ernies but not Roto's. However ive found that the Roto's seem to dull quicker and lose their twang.
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    I love roto and the bonus E string.
    Tried many brands, but i always preferred roto. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    Ah crap, I just threw away the box, what’s the colour corresponding to string gauge for 9’s?
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7216
    Ah crap, I just threw away the box, what’s the colour corresponding to string gauge for 9’s?
    purple
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • skayskay Frets: 396
    The box says to make a loop and gently squeeze (don't kink) the string, and the one with the least resistance is the higher strings.

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4689
    Pink.

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Switched to Rotosound after using Slinkies for years. Been extremely happy with them, can't tell any difference if truth be told. 
  • onyironyir Frets: 48
    edited June 2020
    I bought some of these. First time I've tried Rotosound. I put a set in my Les Paul and the high E string broke after 5 minutes. Not impressed
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11519
    Switched to Rotosound after using Slinkies for years. Been extremely happy with them, can't tell any difference if truth be told. 

Now you have me worried.  I've bought a 3 pack, but I don't like Ernie Balls.