Issue with my Lucille

What's Hot
skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
I talked about that in my NGD post, but I think i wasn't clear.
The problem is I cannot have both pickups working with one jack. 
Normally, with the upper one, i have both pu, and the lower jack only for the bridge. 
With my guitar, i have only one pu per jack. 
I sent an email to GG who sold me it, no answer for the moment. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72981
    edited May 2020
    The switch in the lower jack needs cleaning or re-tensioning - it's not making contact.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14727
    What signal(s) do you get via the other jack socket?

Open up the control cavity. Take photographs of the electronical gubbins.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1505
    edited May 2020
    Is it because it's a stereo jack for both pickups?  Try pulling the plug out slightly and see if you get the other pickup.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14727
    PhilKing said:
    Is it because it's a stereo jack for both pickups?
    No. It is a switching jack socket. The first socket relays both pickup signals in mono UNLESS a second jack plug is inserted into the second socket.

We know a very expensive make of bass guitar that does this too, don't we? ;)

PhilKing said:
    Try pulling the plug out slightly and see if you get the other pickup.
    Better still, try a different cable. Avoid right-angled jack plugs or those ones with little flexible gripping "gills" on the shaft.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    edited May 2020
    Thanks guys,
    I will take a photo from the cavity when i go home and try another cable, hope we found a solution, cause i don't want to return the guitar it sounds very good, as i expected. 
    I tried another cable, same thing.
    Here is photos from cavity. 
    http://imgur.com/gallery/oHCIPGm
    It’s not the cable, it’s the switch contact in the jack. Guaranteed.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    It’s not the cable, it’s the switch contact in the jack. Guaranteed.
    How can i fix it please? 
    You need to clean or possibly re-tension the switch contact. The first thing to try is some contact cleaner spray - you won’t need to remove the jack to do this, just spray it in through the jack barrel and then *gently* press the tip of the spring contact towards the middle of the jack with your fingers - don’t bend the metal - you can do that through the back panel, you can just see the tips of the contacts in your pic. If it’s just a bit of dirt or surface oxidation that will be enough to clean it.

Servisol Super 10, Electrolube EML or WD-40 Contact Cleaner (not ordinary WD-40) are all good.

If that doesn’t fix it, report back!

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14712
    tFB Trader
    as ICBM say s above - or try a small round file - gently rub in the inner 'earth' surround and you'll be able to feel the live tag further down the socket - Sometimes they just tarnish up - Or if no small round file, roll up into a small 'fag' some wet n dry and poke thru' and clean
    edited May 2020
    @ICBM, you are the champion....... Of the world.
    Fixed, thanks a lot all who helped. 
    I can enjoy now my new guitar.